Sunday, March 7, 2010

Mystery Knitting Project...Completely Finished! *Ü*

I'm so excited to share Primrose "Rosie" Bunny with you! You've been so encouraging as I've revealed her bit by bit and now you can see her in her adorable outfit! Tada!






I've had to temporarily give up my usual photo taking spot in front of our big picture window. A sure sign that spring is on the way is when Steve brings in the greenhouse. We needed to move the chair I use to another room for now to make room for it. So, I pulled the ottoman in front of the French doors and tried my best to capture Rosie in all her glory.

And now I can share the fabulous Etsy shop where I purchased the pattern, Mary Jane's Tearoom. Oh you have got to go see the other adorable bunnies she has created. And she has a blog, too! Mary Jane's Tearoom Blog. She is just about ready to share her latest creation and from the little bits I've seen, I have a feeling that I will be buying the pattern to create Candy! I LOVE the colors she chose. I can truly say that Susan is absolutely wonderful. I've emailed her a few times with questions and she has always gotten back to me very quickly. She's very patient and encouraging. I'd definitely recommend her patterns if you are interested in knitting.

Here are the measurements for Rosie according to the pattern:
Head to Toe-15 inches
Arm Span-11 inches
Arm Circumference-4 inches
Toe to Heel-3 1/4 inches
Foot Circumference-6 1/4 inches
Leg Length-6 1/4 inches
Leg Circumference-4 1/2 inches

Mine are probably different because I didn't use the same type of yarn as Susan used in the pattern. I used Red Heart Super Saver worsted for the most part, because it's what I have in my stash.

Anyway, I hope it was worth the wait and the teasing I've done as I've created her and shared bit by bit. She sure was fun to knit. I've learned quite a bit as I've mentioned before. I love the mattress stitch method for sewing seams together. I love the extra bit of oomph that ironing lightly and carefully adds to the piece. I love the ears. And that tail! I tried a larger template to make it as an experiment and I loved how it looked so I didn't even bother making a smaller one. Technically, you can take the clothes off the doll, but I don't think I want the girls to mess with her. LOL

Thanks so much for sticking with me on this project. I've had a lot of fun and hope you did, too.
Photobucket

21 comments:

Kim Burmeister said...

Jeanne, this is absolutely SPECATULUAR! WOW! I love it! She is so pretty. Her tail and the flower on her ear is awesome. You did a FAB job on this one and she is worth the wait.

Kathi Carlson said...

Well worth the wait, my friend! Rosie is so cute I can hardly stand it - from her sweet Mary Jane shoes to her incredibly lovely face. Great job!!

And you know what? If I could make stuff like you can, I probably wouldn't mess with the cards. LOL.

It looks like you had a good day, which is awesome! And what, pray tell, are you up to next?

Lori said...

Your bunny is just darling. Thank you for the nice compliment and scrapbooking idea.

Sparkplug17 said...

This is just darling! I love her tail!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Jeanne, she is so absolutely adorable, I can't stand it!!!! WOW! I love that you're giving directions here - like I could even begin to understand (got a good chuckle, though!). All I know is that I just want to hold her and squeeze her! She's perfect! Incredible, actually!

Cindy said...

Well Jeanne this is one time that I wish I knew how to knit! rosie is just gorgeous. You did a wonderful job.

Erica said...

that is adorable! i have a knitted bear from one of my great grandmas and treasure it..your girls are lucky

♥ Mary Janes TEAROOM said...

Rosie is such a pretty bunny Jeanne. You have done a wonderful job!
Susan x

Alanna said...

Seriously Jeanne, she is amazing. As is the creator. I love the outfit and can't wait to see what the next one looks like that you make.

Laurel said...

Oh my gosh that is the sweetest thing I have ever seen! Love the pretty clothes, everything!

Barb said...

WOW! OH WOW! I am so glad I get pics on my computer today! This bunny is GORGEOUS!! Your attention to detail is fabulous! I am loving that tail! Outstanding job Jeanne!

Anke said...

Oh isn't that just the cutest little thing!!! I love this bunny and I can picture some very happy girls! You are so good with your crafting, everything turns out great!! Thanks for sharing her step by step and as a whole. You are an inspiration, maybe some day I'll pick up a crochet hook again :)

Jean said...

That is sooo adorable! I love it!

Sarah said...

She is absolutely ADORABLE!!!!! Wonderful job Jeanne..her face is SO cute!

Heather said...

WOW! Knitting is so cool. I adore this project. Jeanne of all trades!

Felicia Fernandez said...

Oh how adorable!!!!! You are so incredibly talented. I wish I could be there to hold her and feel how cool she is! Maybe in a couple more years, if we're lucky.

Miss you!

Anonymous said...

hi, i just came across your rosie bunny, she is so cute, i have just finished one just like it and it made me smile as i called mine rosie too. i knitted her for my granddaughter she loves her. i loved reading your blog, you love all the things i do, your craftroom looks exactly like mine.i'm in England.

Carolyn said...

OMG how cute is that!! Worth the wait. Love the outfit!!

sunghee said...

oh wow, wow, wow!!! I love seeing the progress, and I LOVE IT! YOu are so talented!!! LOVE IT!

yorkshirejan said...

hi,
your bunnie is fab, i just finished mine and called her rosie too, shes on my blog. just doing anika now. are you going to knit another one, i really enjoyed knitting her too.

stampmonkey said...

Awww...Rosie's SOOOO cute, Jeanne!! What a darling outfit you made for her, and I love how her tail peeks out the back of her bloomers. ;) She's just precious!! Are your girls fighting over her? lol

I'm soooo happy for you that the crafty cousin mojo has decided to camp out at your house. But I gotta say, I sure miss the visits over here. ;)