Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Here are a couple of cards I've made recently. The first is a stamplift of a card that is on the cover of the July issue of Cards magazine. Actually this is my second attempt at this card as I ultimately didn't like my first version. I think circular shaped cards I used Precious Paisley paper, Pink Carnation cardstock and a sentiment from Treasures of the Heart heat embossed with White Daisy embossing powder. I "faux" stitched the white using a white Souffle pen. I punched the holes with a 1/8th inch hole punch. I also used my circle Coluzzle to get the circular shape to the cards

This second card is for my dad whose 77th birthday is on the 13th! I received a card from my upline and I had to recreate it for myself. This is the result. I used Adorable Backgrounds, Typewriter Keys and a sentiment from Because of You. The colors are Brown Bag and Bamboo. I need to get it out in the mail tomorrow! :o)



Thanks as always for looking and I hope you find time to create something today!












3 comments:

Jeanne said...

Okay, this is what I get for being distracted when I type up an entry. I didn't proofread closely and I see I didn't make much sense!

I really like circular card shapes is what I meant to say!

I also don't know why I wasn't able to put a title on this post. Oh well.

Anonymous said...

Jeanne, love your work, you know that!!

What are the measurements for the card you made for your dad?

I was trying to do it visually, but am not getting it!
TY
Denise Macias
dmacdots2@aol.com

Jeanne said...

I emailed Denise, but thought I would answer here as well. This is a standard 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 sized card. You will need a strip of 4 1/4 x 12 inch cardstock, plus another piece to fit the back side of the card.

Hope this helps and thanks again for the nice comment! :o)