Sunday, July 29, 2007

Simple Card Using Petal and a Card From Joyce!

Here's a card I created yesterday when I was so stumped on using my Cuttlebug embossing folders. I was inspired by a card created by Brenda Harmless. I chose to use Petal just because it was a different color. I also used Free Spirit, CTMH's upcoming August Stamp of the Month. I second generation stamped the swirl image from the set. To make the faux scalloped edge, I stamped the circle image several times on white cardstock and punched them out. I lined them up on the edge of the petal piece. I then added white grosgrain ribbon side by side to make it appear wider and added a lavendar looking grograin on top.

I decided to play around with my watermark/signature today. I'm getting a little bit better, but I know I still have loads to learn. I can't wait until I am more proficient in using this Elements program!

Here's a card I received in the mail from my friend Joyce. Isn't it pretty??

She recently joined The Angel Company after having been an SU demo for a long time. It's a retired TAC vine image and she added the mat from the Far East mat stack. I think the company is DCWV. Thanks, Joyce for the gorgeous card! I love the embossing and how elegant the whole card looks!
I hope sometime soon I will have a new digital layout to share. Thanks for looking.


No comments: