Saturday, July 28, 2007

Monogram Card

I must confess that I got caught up in Harry Potter fever this past week. I was almost afraid to start reading the book because from what I'd been hearing, once started, you don't want to put the book down. Well, that's true! But, I finished this morning and was quite satisfied with how JK Rowling finished off this series. Whew! It's kind of sad to think there will be no more HP books to come. I find it awesome that this one woman has so much imagination!

Okay, so now that HP is out of my system, I have to tell you all that I had a perfect opportunity to create today in relative quiet. Steve took the girls out on an "adventure with Dave" as we call it (Dave is a good family friend whose kids are grown. He enjoys doing things with Steve and the girls). They went to Buffalo Bill Days. I ran a few errands, then sat down to play with some new goodies. Some of which were embossing folders for my Cuttlebug. Kim wants me to create something with the Moasic one I finally found (at Joann's) and/or Tiny Bubbles (love it when Js has a great coupon week like this week's 50% off ones and I can find some goodies to use them on). Wouldn't you know it, NOTHING came to me! I even started searching on the internet for some inspiration. Not too many samples were found and those I did find didn't use these two embossing folders. It was rather frustrating!

So, I'm pulling up a card I created for my Hostess Club. It's my take on a card created by another CTMH consultant whose name escapes me at the moment (I'm SO sorry). But, rather than just post that card, I also attempted to create a watermark for my pictures. I'm still a newbie when it comes to Photoshop Elements, so based on my limited understanding, this is what I came up with.

The card uses Adorable Backgrounds and Baroque. The cardstock is Ocean. The letter J is stamped in black, then stamped again using an embossing ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.

Maybe I'll get some time to play again tomorrow and come up with something using either of those two folders.

Thanks for looking and hope you find time to create today!

1 comment:

Kim Burmeister said...

Oooo, very nice! I have this set and should make some monogram cards for gift sets. Thanks for the inpiration.