Saturday, November 14, 2009

How About Another Digi Layout?

I couldn't resist the lure of the Sweet Caroline page kit by Kristin Cronin-Barrow over at Sweet Shoppe Designs. First off, the name of the kit brought back a ton of memories. Sweet Caroline is a song sung by Neil Diamond, who was my mom's very favorite singer. I grew up on his music. She and I would sing this song together all the time. Then when I saw the colors in the kit, I was just smitten. So I had to buy it and I had to scrap with it today.
The template for this layout is by Jacq Delphin and was a freebie from Sweet Shoppe Designs. They regularly offer freebie templates as part of challenges in the Community. This one is from 9-17-2008 and is called Cookie 51. The challenges are called Cookie Decorating.

All of the papers and elements are from the Sweet Caroline kit. I recolored one of the buttons to have each one colored differently.

The font is CTMH Fountain Pen and I reduced the opacity so it would look a little more vintage.

I added a Photoblast action to make the photo Sepia.

I really like how this one turned out.

Thanks for visiting. This was post #3 today. It's starting to snow again, and it was the type of day that one likes to hang out inside by the fire creating. So that's what I did!

Photobucket

8 comments:

Sarah said...

OK Jeanne..of all your digi layouts I have seen lately ...this one is my absolute favorite!!! It is stunning. Took my breath away. I just LOVE your use of empty space and all the embellies. The pic of the girls is adorable.
OHHHH and my Grandma's favorite singer was Neil Diamond and esp that song. Now I have Sweet Caroline playing in my head. Thanks for the memory my friend.

Carolyn said...

Gorgeous digi layout!! Cute,Cute girls!! Oh, there's that word again, hahahaha ;)

Love that song btw!

Kim Burmeister said...

Jeanne, I agree with you...I love how this turned out too! Wow! That picture of your girls is priceless. Great idea changing it to sepia. Awesome!

Jena said...

I love all your latest digi layouts but this one is my favorite - it turned out beautiful! TFS!

Kathi Carlson said...

This is as sweet a layout as I've ever seen. Perfect for that beautiful photo.

Hope your week is wonderful!!

Barb said...

Sweet Caroline..."dunt dunt dunnn"...good times never seemed so good! This was a BIG favorite in our house too my folks LOVED Neil Diamond!

Your layout is gorgeous and I love your use of different techniques. Very pretty indeed! TFS

mE said...

Jeanne

I totally love this layout! I love this kit you used, too! Wish I had been online yesterday to get it on sale! :)

Sweet Caroline is an AWESOME song and were are huge Neil Diamond fans in this house :)

Hugs!

mE
(who's actually going to try to make a CARD tomorrow... gasp, faint)

stampmonkey said...

GORGEOUS LO, Jeanne!! It's soooo soft and beautiful! LOVE those colors, and your idea to use the sepia tone for the pic was perfect!
Great pic of the girls, and I'm so glad to see you digi scrapping again. ;)