Creative Bliss

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Quilling on Cards

Happy Sunday to you! I hope you have had a nice weekend, winding down from the holiday hustle and bustle.

I had to clean up my corner today before I could do any new creating! Yikes, it's amazing how much stuff can be piled onto a table. LOL

I picked up a book today, with a 50% off coupon, called 50 Nifty Quilled Cards by Alli Bartkowski. I have been interested in quilling (or paper rolling) for some time, had the tool, but for some reason or other my previous attempts didn't come out too well. I tried again today. Here are the results....

100_5457 100_5458

I also stopped at Archiver's on my way home from Joann's and picked up some shimmery blue cardstock. I had a coupon for 5 free sheets and I guess now you can pick out any paper and just pay the difference of what they allot for the free cardstock.

I think they are pretty straightforward cards, used the Snowflake folder in the Cuttlebug, used a Martha Stewart snowflake punch and some bling. I had another 50% off coupon and picked up some inexpensive cardstock, that didn't have a white core, at Michaels. I got a variety pack. The quilling paper they sell in a tube is $6.99 for just a few colors (granted you get a total of 250 strips of 5 colors in each tube), but with the coupon I got 70 sheets of all the colors I'd want for $6.50 (with the coupon), a better deal I think. I just have to cut the paper into 1/8th inch strips, which isn't a big deal.

This is all I got done today. I guess you could say I'm "easing" back into creating cards. LOL

With that, I'll close for now. I hope you have a great start to your week and you are happy, healthy and creative as 2008 winds down.

Hugs,
Jeanne

7 comments:

amazingpapergrace.com said...

Jeanne, those quilled embellies you made are magnificent!! Beautiful snow flake and both cards are awesome!
--Becca

Clearly Inspired said...

Jeanne, now quilling! You are amazing! These are great!

BTW, thanks for the little Christmas gift...very cute!

gloria in Utah said...

VERY nice.. I love the snowflake. Just awesome

gloria in Utah :)

Felicia Fernandez said...

Leave it to you to start something new! The quilling is great, yet another natural talent for you. I'm glad that you guys have had a great weekend. I hope you catch that mouse soon! Hugs!

Angela2932 said...

I hope your Christmas was wonderful, and that you have a great 2009! I have to say, I love the quilling you just did! You're amazing! You're always learning something new! And these look like they take a lot of eye-hand coordination/artistic talent! I'd probably end up with them glued to my fingers! (By the way, my relatives DID really like my coasters! :) )

Kathi Carlson said...

Wow! CUTE cards! I love quilling - did it years ago - in my decoupage days - when you were a mere babe. LOL. It's fun to watch you branching off into new adventures. It inspires the rest of us!

Barb W said...

These are so pretty! I've seen this artform, but have never tried it myself. I admire your many talents and that you take the time to share with us all of the goodies you've made.