Creative Bliss

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Be Mine Card

Happy Thursday to you!

Sheesh, it's been a few days, hasn't it? It appears after my weekend efforts, my mojo up and left me! I've tried a few times this week to create a card, but I didn't like how it looked or nothing was working out right. It also worked out that my creating time was cut short a few days, too. I know...excuses, excuses, huh? Well, today I was bound and determined to get a card made and I managed to do create something decent! LOL I was inspired by this post on the Scrapnextras blog. She was inspired by a post by Jennifer McGuire, which incidentally, I had seen and admired. Kathi was also inspired by this post. ANYway...I liked the hearts and the embossing so I decided to play with it.

Here is what I came up with...

100_5533

I cannot begin to tell you how long it took me to make this relatively simple card. I was going to try a couple of different embellishments to make it different and nothing seemed to work out right. I was gonna stamp an image in the background, use a glittery image, blah, blah, blah. In the end, this looks okay, I think. LOL

I used Making Memories' 6x6 paper pack called Sabrina for punching out the Martha Stewart hearts. The sentiment and little heart is from a Valentine's theme stamp set I found at Michaels. These have got to be the smallest images in that set. I also used black and Baby Pink cs (CTMH) and inked the edges with the same color inks. I used pop dots for dimension. Oh and SU's word window punch as well as the Cuttlebug paisley embossing folder.

I created a heart shaped yo-yo today, but couldn't seem to get it together enough to make a card for it. I also started another embroidered card, but didn't get that one done either. I'm not sure I like how it is coming out with the colors I chose. It's been like this all week, it seems.

I am also working on crocheting a doily for my friend, Susi. Since the wristlets are really impractical for everyday usage, I thought she might enjoy a doily to help display some of her vintage treasures. I have been trying to get that done this week. I have a couple of more rounds to go and then I'll share.

Today feels like a Friday to me since the girls are off school tomorrow. Next week is the only full 5 day week they have this whole month! Yikes!

With that bit of random posting, I will close for now. I hope to get it together to create more soon!

Thanks for stopping by!

Jeanne

5 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

Great card, Jeanne! I love the colors! I didn't make it to my corner tonight but can't post anything anyway. Soon... I hope!

Mary said...

The simplisity of this card is what makes it so beautiful. Mary C

Clearly Inspired said...

Jeanne, I really really like this one! I think you have your mojo back. It is so pretty! Loved the color combo. Great job!

Barb W said...

Super great color combo! Lots of texutre and detail, yet not overdone. Very nice. TFS

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Beautiful! Love the pink and black...gorgeous card!