Monday, August 24, 2009

My First Pair of Socks...Completed!

Hello there! I hope you are doing well this fine Monday. I spent my morning finishing up washing those remaining dirty windows. Whew...tick that chore off the list for a while. LOL Of course, it's looking might stormy right now, so thank goodness I worked more on the inside of the windows and not so much on the sides facing outside, so it can rain and I won't feel like I am back at square one.

Our weekend was pretty quiet, or rather mine was, by choice. Steve and the girls headed out to our friend Dave's for lunch on Saturday, then I took them to the pool when they got back. On Sunday they decided to head back to the foothills and take another hike at another State Park. I did opt out of this day trip, so I could have a quiet day doing something I wanted, and that was to work on my socks. It was nice and relaxing. And I finished them up early last evening! Yay, me! Wanna see?
Of course, I can see all my mistakes and areas where they could look better, but those don't negate how good it feels to have accomplished making my own pair of socks. It's not near as hard as I thought it would be and I can see where the appeal in making them is. They don't take too awfully long and they look kinda cute. In fact, both Jessica and Amy have requested a pair! *Ü*
And this is a somewhat strategic shot to show you how they look on my feet. This way you can't see the laddering effect I haven't been able to get out of my stitching. Laddering is what happens when you don't pull your yarn quite tight enough when you are changing needles. I pulled so tight I thought I'd break the yarn and I still got ladders, so I guess I need to practice more to get it to look right. Still and all, I pretty pleased that they fit, look neat and are comfortable!

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you have a great start to your week.

Photobucket

8 comments:

Carolyn said...

They are adorable! I bet they're warm. My mother use to knit. I have a few of the afgans she made. They are soooo warm! Thanks for the nice flash back memory. :)

Sarah said...

They are too cute Jeanne!!! I hope it doesn't rain too hard on your clean windows. They do look soooo comfy!

Alanna said...

They look so great Jeanne. You are truly one amazing woman. I'm glad you could find some quiet time this weekend.

Kathi Carlson said...

Very nice! And what a sense of accomplishment you must feel - the socks and the windows! Glad to hear you had a relaxing weekend. Have a great week, friend!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

I am SO impressed! They are beautiful - nice colors and look very comfy! I could never make socks! I'd be one of those people with cardboard wrapped around my feet. Yikes!

I'm so glad you had a little "me" time. It's healthy!

Kim Burmeister said...

Oooo, your socks look so comfy and warm. Love the colors!

stampmonkey said...

I think they came out really cute, Jeanne! You did a nice job (and, if it helps you feel better, I can't see the laddering you're talking about). It's no wonder your girls both want a pair of their own now!

We haven't had any rain yet, so hopefully you haven't either and your windows are still clean. ;)

Jackie said...

oh i love your socks...haven't been brave enough to try them yet :) cuz i won't wear them cuz i think they might hurt my feet....have very delicate feet ;)