Thursday, October 25, 2007

Me & My Hair Challenge Layout

In my Now We're Rockin' class, we were given a challenge to create a layout using a mega freebie kit called Carnival from Sweet Shoppe Designs. Oh my goodness, it is a HUGE kit! Anyway we had several options to choose from about what to include. Mainly, it was supposed to be a layout about ourselves. I chose to do this layout about my hair! Yes, sort of strange, but I wanted to write about why I decided to start coloring it. When Jessica was about a year or so, I noticed that it was assumed by many people that I was my girls' grandmother and not their mother and it really started to bother me. Up until that time, I liked how my hair looked. But I didn't like it that people made that assumption and I couldn't think of a good comeback. So I succumbed and started coloring my hair. And you know, no one has made a "grandma" comment since I colored it. I feel a bit bad that I let the comments of others, especially strangers, get to me, but at the same time, I do feel like I look a bit younger with color. Maybe someday, when my girls are a bit older, I will feel proud to let my hair go back to it's natural gray (or white if I follow in my mom's footprint-she had beautiful white hair).

Anyway, I selectively recolored the hair on a couple of the pictures. I used a template I got from ScrapGirls.com The fonts used are CTMH Uptown, Typewriter and Century Gothic. Oh and I softened the look of a couple of the papers (the green and the cream journaling area) using an overlay option in my layers.

Hey a post two days in a row! I'm on a roll! LOL

3 comments:

Kim Burmeister said...

Jeanne you are so creative! I really like this one too! The little tags for the years is a great idea. I think this is a great layout and totally understand why you would not want to be considered your daughters grandmother. You look great!

Anonymous said...

Love the layout and the hair color. It is true that hair color makes a big difference. I always have people ask if the babies are my grandbabies. Well, I have 6 grandkids but the babies are mine (adopted but MINE).

I just got my hair colored and it is really really a lot lighter this time. Heck, you never know what color I'll be but it is never my natural color. My son thinks it is to "gold" - his words for to blonde. But I haven't been asked it they are my grandbabies since I got my NEW COLOR. LOL

I am loving your digital work. Keep them coming..........

Barbara P aka TxScrapper

Felicia Fernandez said...

Always amazing!!! You just keep getting better and better! I really like this layout...I had almost forgotten that your hair was grey when we first met. I sure miss being home!