Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Now We're Rockin' Has Begun!


I am here! Sorry for not posting in what, a week?? Life has been keeping me hopping. First I was working on organizing my digital files, which isn't hard, but is time-consuming. Then, Amy bonked her chin on the playground jungle gym after school last Wednesday and a chunk of her molar came out! Just yesterday we went back to the dentist to get a crown. I had my Hostess Club this weekend (which means I spent time prepping for it) and we also had Jessica's 5th birthday party. So, I've been fairly busy.
I also made a difficult decision. I will be leaving CTMH after my Hostess Clubs end in January. I'm finding myself becoming more interested in digital scrapbooking and would like to be able to devote more time to it. It's been a great 3 1/2 years, but I think it is time to move on. Please don't worry, I will still be posting to my blog. I'm not giving up paper crafting and stamping. I'll post projects I make and how to create them. I am just freeing myself up to explore the digital world of scrapbooking as well.
Isn't this a neat layout? I signed up for Jessica Sprague's newest class called Now We're Rockin' with Photoshop. We started on Monday of this week. This is an advanced beginner/intermediate class and a follow up to the Up & Running class I took this summer. I am so excited to participate again and learn more great things from Jessica! Anyway, this layout is our first assignment. We learned how to selectively color part of the photo, which was also turned into a sepia photo. I know I used this photo in a previous layout, but I really wanted to see how it would look if I changed it to sepia, then had part of that oobleck pop out with color. Pretty cool, huh? We also learned how to create columns for journaling and creating justified text. The paper tear/curling is from a layout template and the papers/elements were part of our downloaded kit that came with the class. Oh and she showed us an easy way to round the corners on that tag. So very neat! I can't wait to try this with some other photos.
Thanks for visiting! I hope you find some time to create today!

1 comment:

Kim Burmeister said...

Wow, another great layout! I am glad to see you post again. Sorry to hear about your departure from CTMH, but I understand. You are so good at digital I can see why you like it so much. I am glad you will still be blogging. I would miss it, if you didn't.