Monday, October 8, 2007

Surprise in the Grill-Digi Layout

I'm not sure how well you can actually see this layout, but I worked on it most of the day off and on. I followed another layout pattern in Close To My Heart's Imagine book called, "Everthing in It's Place." The papers and elements are from a cd I picked up at Hobby Lobby called Playground. You can see the website at http://www.digitalscrapbookmemories.com/ The specific kit I used is Zoe's Merry-Go-Round. The letters for "grill" are an alphabet from Trish Jones' Captured Moments kit found at http://www.scrapbookgraphics.com/. Other fonts used are Century Gothic and 28 Days Later. I also worked on learning how to create a paper tear digitally. This was a lot of fun to put together.

The journaling reads:
Imagine our surprise when Amy opened up our gas grill and found this bird’s nest! We had just grilled a few weeks before this and I had not noticed any unusual activity around the grill. We were planning to have steaks, but couldn’t disturb the nest, so Steve decided we should buy a small charcoal grill. Of course, this was decided about the time we usually eat! Got the grill, put it together and we were waiting for the charcoal to get ready. Then Steve thought it would be fun to roast marsh-mallows, only we didn’t have any! So, I went to the store again for those! I think we finally ate around 8pm! It may have been one of the most expensive steak dinners we have ever eaten, but it was worth it to see the excitement on the girls’ faces over the nest and being able to roast marshmallows for the first time! We left the nest alone for a couple of months and think one egg hatched. Next year though, I think we’d better cover the grill!

Thanks for visiting! I hope you find some time to create today!

1 comment:

Kim Burmeister said...

Wow! You are a digi queen! You sure are getting a lot of layouts done. I wish I was.