Saturday, December 8, 2007

Schtuff...Ramblings...Cute Socks!

How's that for a blog entry title??? chuckle, chuckle

First of all, I haven't been creating much at all-but then I think you already figured that one out, huh? Well, since it is a snowy weekend, who knows what may happen! I WAS going to create something last night, but a certain friend of mine, who shall remain nameless(susan) called and we were on the phone for nearly TWO hours! So it's all her fault. (smooch, smooch)

Next up, I hope blogger doesn't mess up my spacing again! Drives me batty that it looks good in my preview, then I post and you see these huge gaps between paragraphs. I don't know what I am doing wrong, but I keep trying to figure it out. I think it has to do with uploading pictures, each time I do, the extra spaces pop up. I try to backspace over them to delete, but it doesn't always work. Anyone who knows is welcome to share their tips to avoid this!

Did you see my Round Up post? Probably not. I started it one day, then couldn't finish, so saved it as a draft. Well, when you do that and come back to it another day, it doesn't post as a new article. It just gets added to the posts with its original date/time stamp. So, if you want to read this neat idea, you'll have to scroll through and look for the November Round Up post. I DO think it's a fabulous idea, and that's why I'm talking about it again...in case you missed it.

Subscription Notes: I just discovered something new (well to me at least, you all probably ALREADY know this) this morning. There's this thing called Google Reader that you can sign up for (it's free) and then you can add urls as subscriptions to the reader. Then when new posts are added to those urls, it'll show up in your reader! It is really cool. Why you might ask? Well, there are several blogs out there that I really, really like, but they don't have a subscribe button. And those who know me know that I tend to forget things, like check out those blogs without subscription features. Well, I can ADD those to my Reader subscriptions and see when there are updates. I LOVE this! So, what I did is unsubscribe to my feeds and resubscribed in Google Reader. So, if I was a subscriber to your blog and you keep up with those who unsubscribe, please don't be upset that my name has unsubscribed. It's NOT because I don't like your blog, it's because I changed it to get it through Google Reader. Note, this does note affect anyone who has subscribed to this blog...you'll still get updates like you normally do. This is something I did on my own end for me so that I can keep up with all the blogs I like in a new fun way for me.

Ummm, what else? Oh yea, another reason I haven't created is that Jessica got an ear infection this week. Guess when she told me her ear hurt? Wednesday at 5:30pm (of course)! So, can you guess what happened THAT night? hmmmmmmmm.....ding, ding, ding! She was up all night! Let's see, Steve got up with her a couple of times and tried to get her to go back to sleep. Which worked for all of an hour? So, at 2:30am, I thought, nuts to this...it hurts more when she is lying down, so we'll get up and doze on the couch. (Make that Mommy will doze and Jessica will stay wide awake watching Sprout). Oh yes....Then when I got the prescription filled after going to the doctor...she refused to take any. My sweet daughter who got 6 shots at once at her well child check up without a tear, balked at taking her medicine. Sigh...she was over tired of course. She finally fell asleep at around 4:30pm Thursday afternoon. And after about an hour and a half, she woke up and was quite amenable to taking her medicine. So...that about zapped any creative juices I might have thought of having. She's much better today. Says the ear still hurts, just a smidge (picture thumb and pointer touching together).

And finally, look at these cute socks! Steve took the girls out for a bit (despite icy roads...he's originally from South Dakota, donchaknow) and one stop was Big Lots. I just giggled when I saw these and had to share...Enjoy!

Amy's new socks-don't they make you smile??


Jessica's new socks...guess who loves Dora?

1 comment:

Jean said...

Hey Jeanne! I love Google Reader. I subscribe to 96 different blogs, and can see when each is updated. Ideas galore!