Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Teacher Holiday Gifts

I'm very excited about this year's holiday gifts for the girls' teachers. I originally was going to make them cards, but time kept slipping away and the cards weren't made. I envisioned a really late night trying to get them done. Then, while at Target the other day, I saw they had the Jiffy Pop popcorn in the Dollar Spot and a new idea emerged! Here is the final result. Jiffy Pop, a gift card to Borders, a large paper clip bookmark and homemade Spiced Tea mix. So, the hope is that the teachers will grab a good book to read while on Winter Break and enjoy some popcorn and tea while they are reading said book. I needed to get Amy's teacher's present done for today (Wednesday) because she is leaving to go home to Hawaii for her Winter Break tomorrow.


Here's what it looked like when I was done (I actually started AND finished 4 of these last night, by my bedtime). Four because Jessica has 3 teachers...

Gift Card in a holder and large paperclip bookmark
Spiced Tea Mix
Here's what I did/used:
I carefully took off the lid of one of the Jiffy Pops and traced it onto cardstock. I used it for the pattern for the remaining containers. I stamped the main background piece. Then I cut another half circle from patterned paper and added the ribbon. I adhered it to make a pocket for the goodies.
I made a cover for the gift card. See my previous post on how to make these.
Paperclip Bookmark
I got these at Walmart in the office supplies section. When I made these before, I used Liguid Glass to stick the topper on. This time I decided to use Pop Dots-oh boy, that was so much more efficient and it looked great! I cut the scalloped circles using my Cricut (2 1/2 inches in size, I think)
Spiced Tea Mix Recipe (fixed so it will work now)
I used some baggies I had on hand to put the mix in. Then I cut more scallop circles using my Cricut. The green is one is a whole circle folded in half. The other circles are cut in half and adhered. I made sure to attach the baggie lower so that I could punch holes for the ribbon. I tied it around the handle.
All supplies are CTMH:
New England Ivy, Cranberry Cardstock
Patterned Paper from an old CTMH Reflections pack
Victorian Snowflakes stamp set
Cranberry, New England Ivy ink
Cranberry Grosgrain Ribbon
Olive Organdy Ribbon
Red Sparkle

1 comment:

Felicia Fernandez said...

You are such a creative gal!!! I wish I had people to make these for...but there's no Target here...oh, well. Have a Merry Christmas! I miss you so much.