Sunday, February 17, 2008

Enabled Verification on the Blog

This will be my last post for today, but I wanted to let you know that I have enabled the verification feature on this blog. A comment was posted earlier (which has been deleted) where the commentor wanted me to click on a link. A friend emailed me concerned that it might be a virus. Obviously I didn't click on the link, but it isn't the first time I've gotten a strange comment, so I thought enabling the verification feature would help prevent future problems.

Thanks for understanding. I hope it won't dissuade people from leaving comments, although I realize it's an extra step now to do so.

4 comments:

Donna S. said...

I disabled that feature in mine... becuae heck only about 7 people read my blog!! no problem... we'll just type the letters in!

Felicia Fernandez said...

It's not an extra step. We love leaving messages and it's no big deal! I'm glad that your "happy feet" layout turned out the way you wanted it. I love the final product.

Kim Burmeister said...

I totally understand and have been wanting to do this to my blog. Can you email me how? Thanks, Jeanne!

Kathi Carlson said...

This is OK with me. I should do it, too. Before more than 10 people knew Kathi's Corner existed I received a weird comment with a link, too. I think it was written in German. I deleted it pronto. Come to think of it, I believe I received it right after being listed as a new blogger on Allison's site . . . The timing of your listing makes me wonder. No trouble or anything strange for me since, however.