Sunday, February 24, 2008

Natural Beauty Digi Layout and Ramblings

Thanks for all the well wishes after my post about having a humdinger of a headache. I did indeed park myself on the couch, tried to nap, but kept getting woken up by everyone else, so I mainly dozed. Then hubby took the girls to Burger King for dinner. I wasn't really hungry but said he could bring me back something to eat. They were gone quite a while and came back sans food! He said it didn't taste very good and asked what I wanted to eat. I said a pb&j. He said REALLY? I love them! So he asked the girls which one would like to make me a sandwich. Amy jumped up and volunteered. That was probably THE BEST pb&j sandwich I EVER ate. Know why? Because it was made with loving care by my daughter! It must have been sprinkled with some magic as I felt a lot better after eating it.

My sweet Amy also told me she was sorry she gave me her cold when I tucked her into bed...guess she thought I was getting sick, too. Awwwww.....


I didn't get off the couch for the remainder of the evening and went to bed a little early. Thankfully, when I woke up this morning the headache was gone! (told you there was magic in that pb&j).


I saw on a blog something about how many people have your name and I was intrigued so I checked out the site (I'm always leery of these types of things, thinking it is full of spybots and other unsavory computer gnats). I typed in my name and it appears there are something like 165,000 plus people with the spelling of my name in the US (and 99.9% of them are female-ya think?). There are 334 people who have my last name. AND there is NO ONE in the US with my full name. Wow...does that mean I'm sorta unique?


HowManyOfMe.com
LogoThere are
0
people with my name
in the U.S.A.

How many have your name?


Anyway it was fun to see. Here's the link if you want to check it out for yourself. How Many of Me? (In case the image doesn't click right)

And if you read all that (or skipped it to get to the layout) here you go!

A lot of digi scrappers love photo actions. I've held off on jumping on the bandwagon because, well, I sorta like the pictures I take and think they look okay in their "natural" state. That's not to say they are professional looking, because they aren't at all, but I think I'm lucky in getting some eye pleasing (well to my eye anyway) shots. But, lately I've been thinking of converting to black and white and sepia tones without having to try to remember what all numbers I need to use. So I went to Scrapgirls.com and picked out a basic photos action. (for non digi people, after you install the action to PSE, when you click on a button, it does all the steps for you to change the photo). So the photo in this layout is black and white with color. I thought it looked really neat and wanted to scrap it. So, I chose to use Kay Miller Designs (yes...I know...again) All Organic page kit. I used a template of hers as well (from Collection 12) The font is Digs My Heart from dafont.com.

I like how it came out and wanted to share.
Thanks for looking!



4 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

I'm glad you're feeling better. Your layout is another beauty, and I love all your photos. Those little girls are precious. I know there's more than one Kathi Carlson. Google revealed that. Carlson is a pretty generic name, too. I'll have to see just how many there are.If I use my given name, Kathleen, there will be even more, I'm sure. For now, I'd best get to bed. Thanks for sharing.

Carol said...

I hope you are feeling all healthy soon, not fun being sick. How sweet are your children.

How interesting, there are 130 people in the USA with my name (first and surname combined).

Beautiful layout!
Carol :-)

Angela2932 said...

What great journaling! And I'll bet that Pb&j sandwich was the best! (did you get a photo?????) Ren's actions are also really good. . . such interesting things! I'll have to go check out my name now!

Jackie said...

Loved your story.....and cute lo too