Sunday, June 21, 2009

Sorta Simple Sunday...

Hello There!

I hope you all have had a super Father's Day Sunday. Ours was low-key as that suits Steve's style. He took the girls to the "big park" and they were gone for a few hours. When they got back they told me that they went on the paddle boats (there's a lake at the park) and they played in the water feature that shoots streams of water up from the ground. Sounds like they had a good time. After they got back the girls asked me to set up their brand new slip 'n slide and they broke it in in fine fashion. As for me, I worked on laundry because I let it get away from me this past week and in between loads, I made some cards. Yep, a good time was had by all today! *Ü*

I was in the mood for coloring with my Koh-i-noor pencils and odorless mineral sprits. I picked up a few fun digital images recently and decided it was time to get some colored.

First up, in honor of the changing of the seasons, let's welcome summer!
I got this image from Squigglefly. It's an easy one to color as you can see. I added some white Shimmerz paint (the link is for you, Sarah~although I found mine at a local scrapbook store) on the butterfly's wings. I also added some Liquid Glass (CTMH) to the center of the flower. I was inspired by this card on Holly's Hog Wild About Stamping blog. As you can see, you are able to mask off the sentiment and put in your own if you want. I used a scrap of Watermelon cardstock that was on my desk (and the Fiskar's Apron Lace border punch) as well at Dutch Blue and Clover Meadow cardstock (all CTMH). The dp is from DCWV's Summer Stack.


This next card was inspired by samples shown on the All That Scraps blog. I was so excited to see that they were offering these adorable pixies in digital format. I've got to admit that this card is one that I really like. I love the summery colors and I am tickled at how the coloring came out. I pulled out my Berry Sweet paper pack from K & Company. I also added someOrange and Watermelon cardstock. I added the Martha Stewart border punch, which you can't see too well, since the image covers up a lot of it. Oh, and I thought an orange crocheted flower would look cute so I made one (hee, hee). I had my CTMH Just Blooms Summer Posies on my desk and thought the leaves from it would look nice, so I added those as well as a glittered pink brad. And for shimmer on the wings, I added some Crystal Stickles.

And finally, a birthday card...
This fun card was inspired by this card on Chavez Designs blog. I don't remember how I came across the blog, but after seeing this great card, I added it to my Reader. She's got some really neat creations there! You definitely want to take a peek. I haven't used this Happy Birthday Cuttlebug embossing folder much, but was happy I had it in my arsenal. LOL I used Ocean cardstock for the background. Because those embossing folders don't fill up the entire 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inch card front, I decided to use two pieces of cardstock. One to cover the card front and the 4 x 5 1/4 piece to run through the Cuttlebug. Then, because I got more white cracking through than I wanted, I used a sponge and Ocean ink and I rubbed it all over the embossing. I like the depth it gave. Can you tell I'm happy summer is here? LOL I used Orange ink for the heart image from CTMH's Soulmates stamp set. I also used the happy birthday image from their Birthday stamp set. Some scraps from that Berry Sweet paper on my desk seemed to fit the mood and I used it for the scallop square. A flower from that Archiver's freebie with an orange glittered brad finished off the card.

I've been working on these cards most of the afternoon. I kept getting interrupted by laundry, the phone and the kids (after they got home from the park). Typing this up got interrupted by dinner (yummy steak, corn on the cob and baked potato) on the deck.

Thanks so much for stopping by! Remember that silly news story I told you about where there was talk that summer weather might pass us by? Um...not happening here. I heard we are to be in the 90s all week! Welcome Summer!




Photobucket

6 comments:

Alanna said...

Jeanne, these have all brought a smile to my face. They are all so bright and cheerful. I love the colors and what you've done here.

stampmonkey said...

I LOVE your cards, Jeanne!! Your crocheted flower is so cute. ;) The colors are so bright and summery! Thanks for sharing all the links too.

Kim Burmeister said...

Great cards, Jeanne! Love the bright and cheery colors! Awesome!

Carolyn said...

These are all soo cute! I envy your creative time. I'm hoping to get some ME time tomorrow. I can only hope!

Sarah said...

All of these are just perfect!!!
I am loving the orange! Thanks for the link on the Shimmerz so much...I appreciate it!
Glad you had a fun Sunday. Laundry is the perfect excuse for me to work on cards as my spot is down in the basement next to the laundry room ha ha!

Kathi Carlson said...

Every one of these cards is awesome! I LOVE all the bright colors and detail. Great job!