Saturday, November 8, 2008

Another Christmas Tree and a Snowflake Card

I'm back! Happy And I've got two cards to share this time!

I've been seeing a lot of cards around the blogosphere using Kraft cardstock and white ink. I recently picked up a bunch of Kraft cardstock at Archiver's on their discontinued rack and have been itching to try white ink on it. Here's the result of that attempt today.

100_5222 (Click on the photo to enlarge it if you like) I think I ended up with a bit of a homespun feel. I stamped the tree in CTMH's white pigment ink, which takes forever to dry. To speed up that process, I added super fine clear embossing powder and heat set it. Then I played around with using red elements so that I could use my newly acquired red/white striped ribbon.

This is a Bazzill ribbon 15 yards/spool and I got it for a whopping $1.99-for the whole spool! Archiver's is having their Holiday Spectacular weekend this weekend to kick off the holiday season. I went yesterday morning with Jessica, but she was no fun-kept yanking on my hand and asking if we could go home, and I couldn't really look around. So, I went back this morning to browse to my heart's content-and I even snagged their special coupon sheet that has a different coupon each week for the next 7 weeks. (Yesterday they had run out of the allotment and I got there 10 minutes after they opened!) While checking out this ribbon, a nice lady stood next to me looking as well. She commented that she is getting married and had been looking for a black/white striped ribbon like this one to use on her invitations, but she hadn't been able to find any anywhere. I mentioned maybe SU might have some and we parted ways. About 5 minutes later, I was in another part of the store and discovered several rolls of black/white striped ribbon! So, I flagged her down and showed her. She was so tickled! She picked up all they had and kept thanking me. I was happy to have been able to help her. We parted ways again, then next thing I knew, she came up to me with her planner and showed me the invitation she was going to make. Wow! It was striking and the ribbon A's had would work perfectly. I was so happy for her!

Okay...sorry about that tangent, but wanted to share this woman's happiness. I think the rest of the card is pretty self explanatory anyway. I added some red Stickles at the end to add a little "oomph" to the card.

This next card is inspired by one that Erin G. of Inky Smiles shared. She is so creative, isn't she? Anyway, I was going by memory here and ended up with a similar, but different card. 100_5223 I was thinking she had done her card on white! And I also realized she colored in on the embossed parts and I colored in on the de-bossed parts (is that the correct term?)

After I Cuttlebugged the card front with the snowflakes embossing folder, I used the  Sakura Gelly Roll clear glitter pen and colored in the areas that were recessed. I decided not to color in every single flake because I thought it would overpower the card. On the snowflakes I didn't use the glitter pen, I added a rhinestone. Then I used the sentiment from Hero Arts Winter's Butterfly stamp set (which is all snowflakes and this sentiment). I stamped it in Grey Wool, then again with Crystal Blue to give it a chilled effect. I don't know if that was necessary, but oh well. I'm really pleased with how this one turned out. Thanks for the idea, Erin!

Thanks again for stopping by. And thanks SO much for all the sweet comments you've left about my new profile picture. You sure know how to make a girl feel nice!Blushing

Jeanne

 

Stuff I used:

Christmas Tree card~

Stamp: Winter Shaped (Inkadinkado)

Paper: Kraft (Archiver's), Holiday Red, White (CTMH)

Ink: Holiday Red (CTMH)

Accessories: Bazzil ribbon, Red Stickles, Ink Essentials White opaque pen (Ranger)

Tools: Rectangle/Scallop Nestabilities, sponge for inking edges

Snowflake Card~

Stamp: Winter's Butterfly (Hero Arts)

Paper: White Cardstock (CTMH)

Ink: Grey Wool, Crystal Blue (CTMH)

Accessories: White organdy ribbon (my stash), Gelly Roll Pen (Sakura), rhinestones (my stash)

Tools: Cuttlebug, snowflakes embossing folder

1 comment:

Kathi Carlson said...

Two more knock-out cards. Wow! I love Kraft cardstock, and for whatever reason, CTMH's white pigment ink dries fast on SU's Kraft cardstock. It must have something to do with the coating on the paper. All I know is that I like it much better when it dries fast. Still love that tree stamp. The Cuttlebug card is awesome, too. I'm thinking if I run short of time for holiday cards, I can do a Cuttlebug Christmas! Keep the cards coming. I love the ideas!!