Sunday, April 5, 2009

Cards For Tote...

Hi There! I hope you have had a good Sunday. The winds died down quite a bit, although it is still pretty cold around these parts. No snow to speak of, though. I guess the blizzard hit further north and east than "they" thought.

I spent the afternoon happily busy making the cards I'm going to share today. There are four of them. And I didn't even get to the post-it note holder or the bookmark!

Enjoy...
100_5814 100_5815 100_5816 100_5817 100_5813

I posted them in the order I made them *Ü*

First off, though, I decided to crochet some flowers to add as embellishments. I was reminded that I have wanted to make them by this post and this post by Niki Estes of My Paper Creations blog. Look at all those flowers she got! If you can't or don't want to crochet, you might want to check out Etsy for crocheted flowers. This shop looks good! Before I was able to get to creating the cards, Jessica wanted to snuggle a bit. Anymore I can't just sit or I get a little antsy...so she sat close to me while I crocheted. I followed this pattern for the flower on the Inspire card. The other  two flowers are from patterns in the book I have called Crocheted Embellishments by Jean Leinhauser.

Almost all the dimensions match the ones in Becky's Tutorial that I referenced in my previous post. The cards are pretty straightforward. You can see I used the same colors throughout, Clover Meadow and Star Spangled Blue cardstock from CTMH. The dp is from Nana's Kitchen by DCWV.  I kept with the same ribbon, too. You can see I used my Koh-i-noor pencils, odorless mineral spirits and blending stumps on the last two. The brads are from CTMH's Cranberry My Accents.

Stamps used...
Flower Garden Sentiments, Polka Dot Basics (Papertrey Ink)
"Inspire" card image is a Heidi Grace image called Sweetest Bug Words (clear stamps)which I got at The Treasure Box in Fort Collins, but I found it online here. (It's the first place that I found it, there may be other stores that carry it...I just wanted you to see the full images)
The butterfly image on the final card is from an Inkadinkado set called Fancy That that I found at the new concept Michaels store in Brighton. Here's a link to the set on Amazon. I added a bit of Crystal Stickles to the center of the butterfly for a little extra bling.

I think that should cover it. If you have any questions, feel free to ask away.

Thanks SO much stopping by and leaving such sweet comments about my creations. You are too kind, but they make me grin none the less.

Jeanne

7 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

Beautiful!!! Fun colors, stamps, and embellishments, including those wonderful crocheted flowers! Your coloring is perfect. I'm just shaking my head, particularly in light of the fact that my mojo has up and left. I don't even want to try and would rather clean/organize. A highly unusual state. LOL. Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to see the rest of this ensemble!

Kim Burmeister said...

Very pretty! I really like these. Spring, oh Spring, where ought though Spring! We got snow today too!

Love your cards and your never ending creativity.

Sarah said...

So pretty! I love your flowers...I have to BUY mine from CTMH..it's almost the same pattern as yours! But yours are so much nicer.
That blizzard did come further East LOL it came here! But our temps are too high so it never got to accumulate much. My daffodils and hyacinths look really sad in the snow.
(still love the bunnies LOL)

Alanna said...

Jeanne, these cards are wonderful. The crocheted flowers add so much to them. You are one talented lady.

mE said...

GORGEOUS!

I especially love the crocheted flowers! Those are what I was trying to do fo rmy scarf but turned out horribly... lol!

BRING ON SPRING! :)

Inky Smiles,
E

Barb said...

Just lovely, Jeanne! What a great gift ensemble! Your cards are beautiful and the crocheted flowers are the perfect finishing touch. NOW I know what to do with all of my 'scrap' yarn and crochet thread. Thanks again for sharing the links and for the inspiration, too.

Spring has definitely sprung in my neck of the woods...we spent the day at the beach yesterday. It was so warm and nice out, we didn't leave until sunset.

nonapearl said...

WoW lady - all i can say is that you are AMAZING!!!

:) Nona