Sunday, April 26, 2009

A Couple of Haircuts and Cards...

Hi there!

Yesterday Amy announced to me that she wanted to get her hair cut at the shop where I get mine cut (Cost Cutters...nothing fancy). Jessica piped up that she did, too. Now prior to this announcement, whenever you asked either of the girls if they wanted to go to a shop to get their hair cut they would loudly say NO...Mommy cuts our hair. I only want Mommy to cut my hair. And so I have (and probably not very well...). Then Amy kept saying she wanted it really short and would put her hand right below her ear. That'd be oh about 5-6 inches! Steve was nervous because his girls are the only chance he has to have a female in his life with longer hair (because if I grew my hair longer...it'd grow out like a bush, not down and pretty. Believe me, I've tried it a time or two in my life. So, not wanting to give them too much time to change their minds, I took them this morning...wielding a camera, since I've waited years for this happen. LOL
100_5975 100_5983 100_5984 100_5985

100_5993 100_5996

Amy immediately put on a headband, so you can't really tell how much healthier her hair looks. Jessica got the same bob type cut, so imagine that on Amy. Neither one had experienced a blow dryer on their hair before and thought it was tickly and neat.

And now for the cards...

100_5998

This first project was inspired by this project on Jen Tapler's blog, (which I just recently discovered and added to my Reader) called Jen Tapler's Designs. Ohweee, she makes some cute stuff! Anyway, when I saw those strawberries I about drooled all over my keyboard and to boot, Kelleigh Ratzlaff is a buddy of mine from Jessica Sprague classes!! I'm SO thrilled to see her success-she's SO talented. Anyway...the strawberries are a template she designed and you can find them here (as well as other fun goodies) at the Digi Chick. I used a Martha Stewart red cardstock and the green is from EK Success Inspirables line (remember that octagon basket I made a while back...same line as that). I added some CTMH hemp and carried it over to the card, which is pretty self explanatory, I think. This was a fun one for sure! Thanks Jen and Kelleigh for the inspiration!

100_6000

When I saw this card on Heather's blog, called The Best in Life, I wanted to make my own version. So, I pulled out my 6x6 Basic Grey Ambrosia paper pack and found a piece with the butterflies that would fit. I also used a new Basic Grey stamp set, which goes with the Wisteria line (Archiver's was out of the 6x6 paper, though) with my Koh-i-noor pencils and odorless mineral spirits. I liked how it came out, except I thought the corners looked bare, so at the last minute I added a small image from the set in the corners...only I didn't season the stamp well enough. I think I'd have been better off leaving those corners plain. I ran out of crafting time though,  because I had to get Amy from the field trip to the Northglenn youth theater. She saw a performance of Beauty and the Beast (which she loved) this afternoon with her Brownie troop. I'm also not sure that the colors I chose for the image work as well as I thought they would. I added some Golden Wheat Shimmerz to some parts of the wings to dress it up a little, but it doesn't show up very well. Oh well, can't win 'em all. LOL The Sunflower cardstock is CTMH and the black is textured and from Hobby Lobby. The black brads are from a set of 6 neutral colors that I picked up at Hobby Lobby as well, from their Spare Parts line.

I think that is it for now. Thanks so much for stopping by. I hope you had a great weekend and are ready to start another wonderful week. Tomorrow the girls only go to school for Assessments (meaning...for about 1/2 an hour-which counts as a day because the teachers have student contact) and then we might try to go to the Museum that we had to miss a couple of weeks ago due to Amy getting strep. Oh and they are off on Friday as well(teacher compensation day). It feels mighty rare that they go to school for a full 5 day week any more! LOL

Jeanne

10 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

Wow! You've been cutting the girls' hair all these years? Get out your calculator and show Steve how much $$ you've saved! He'll be impressed. LOL. Seriously, those are sweet photos, which should make for a fun scrapbook page. Your cards are wonderful!!! Love them both! Funny think about the strawberries, too. I had a similar template from way back that I realized the other day I'd thrown away. Now I know where to get another one! Yours are really cute!!

Sarah said...

Those are such wonderful pics of your girls!!!
Your cards are darling...I am in LOVE with those strawberries..they are gorgeous!
You cards are beautiful...your butterfly is amazing..
Leave a comment on my blog candy post or I will haunt you forever!!!I even mentioned you in the main post so you would...
:-))

Kim Burmeister said...

Your girls are so cute! I like their new haircuts and it is great you took your camera. I can't wait to see the layout for this event.

Your cards are pretty! I saw those strawberries on Jen's blog too. She is talented. I visited Kelleigh's site and saw all of her wonderful templates. I think I am going to have to try one or two or three...LOL!

Great job on your cards!

Carol said...

How cool for your girls to go to the hairdressers. Looks like they are loving it!
I cannot believe how similar they are - I had to look carefully at the photos to work out which is which.

Anzac Day is to commemorate our fallen soldiers.ANZAC was the name given to the Australian and New Zealand Army Corps soldiers who landed on the Gallipoli Peninsula in Turkey during WW1. It was a very sad day for our country to realise that our allies (mainly Britain) had deserted us and many young men we slaughtered as they tried to make there way up the beach. It is a much more significant day to this country than "Australia Day" actually is.

Kelleigh Ratzlaff Designs said...

WOW! Those strawberries are so cute!! I'm gonna grab Jen and tell her to get over here to see this. YAY! Thanks so much!

Jen Tapler said...

Awwww! Great job on the strawberries!!! Kelleigh pointed me your way and I'm so glad she did! You have a wonderful blog!

mE said...

I love the cards and the strawberries! I must make the strawberries!

Your girls are so darling! I bet they had fun getting haircuts!

Barb said...

How fun! Hair cut day. Your girls are so cute and their cuts came out nicely. I know you've got a fun layout planned for these.

Love your cards, the one with the butterfly is just gorgeous! The strawberries are the cutest. I saw them on Jen's blog, too. I really like the way yours turned out. TFS

stampmonkey said...

Looks like the girls were tickled pink by their new cuts (very cute!). I love how you wrote comments on the photos (how'd you do that anyway?). Hopefully they'll still let you cut their hair after their visit to the salon (think of all the money you could put toward more supplies! lol).

I LOVE your strawberries and that coordinating card you made -- SOOOO very cute!! Wonder if you could find a way to fill the berries with candy? Looks like such a fun template to play with!

And your butterfly card is really pretty too! I like all of your details (and I would never have guessed that you hadn't seasoned the little image well enough...looks great to me!).

Jackie said...

cute haircuts :) go to noel's blog and see the hairstyle place she found :) they are too cute