Thursday, April 23, 2009

Thanks SO Much and Let's Go Fly a Kite...

Hi there!

First off, thank you for all the sweet and lovely comments you've left for me! After I posted, I thought...well don't you sound like a whiney thing when you've got some awesome friends who are so generous with their time and comments. I didn't mean to come off as I don't appreciate you, for I truly do. Generally...I don't get caught up in stuff like this...I write what I write and share what I share because I feel like I'm talking with/to my friends. I picture us sitting around enjoying our favorite beverage and yakking up a storm. Maybe I'm having some PMS issues or something...whatever. Then I thought...well maybe they are switching over to Google Reader because it's so fabulous and as far as I know, there isn't a way to track how many people are using that. But in the end...it really doesn't matter, does it? I'm thankful to each of you for reminding me what's important and letting me know too, that you do enjoy my ramblings and attempts at being creative (even though I am SUCH a copier). I'm also extremely flattered to have been nominated for a blog award by THE Tresa Black, who is a fabulous artist! And Sarah...you are such a sweetie pie! Thanks!!!

We had a great time last night at the Earth Day activity. We made newspaper hats, some kids worked on building a recycle monster or some such thing. There was a maze of sorts to go through to find facts about recycling (some of which I had no idea about). The kids won door prizes and we even did a sort of a play. I was a student, as was Amy. Jessica was an aluminum can, I think. Steve stayed in the audience and cheered us on. Anyway, Susi walked us through our parts and there was much good will and laughter. Not a lot of people showed up, but it is spring and lots of outdoor sports are starting up. I heard several parents say their child had practice and they wouldn't make it. Those who came had fun and learned something, so that's good.

Now just a bit ago, I came home from Jessica's Kite Day at a local park. I took my camera and tried to get a few shots. Luckily the wind picked up a bit (it's 80 degrees today-whooo hoooo) and just about every single child had some success flying a kite.

Here are just a few shots....And believe me, I started singing Let's Go Fly a Kite while we were there. Yea, I'm a mom who gets "into" the activities. I wanted to try to get more photos, but the kids wanted me to help them get their kites flying or to fix the string or something...LOL

100_5954 On this one if you look behind the person bending over, you'll see Jessica running with her ponytail flying. She has a pink Cinderella kite.
100_5956

Doesn't it look just gorgeous out?? There's Jessica in her hot pink pants and if you look towards the black van and up, you'll see her pink kite. It sort of looks like it is in a tree.

100_5960

100_5967

This last shot is kind of funny because Jessica was tired of flying the kite. She wanted to go play on the playground for a few minutes and asked me to help her wind up the string. It got nice and breezy at that moment. She ran off and as I was holding the kite, the wind picked it up and it started flying as I stood there. So, I let the string out. I'm holding the string and taking the picture at the same time. I was also just hoping the kite was in the frame as I took the picture...it was pretty bright and I couldn't see what was on the screen too well. I got lucky with this one...that's for sure!

Thanks so much for stopping by...are you singing along with me now?  What a great day!

Jeanne

7 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

What a fun day! So glad you shared it, and yes, you've got me humming "Let's Go Fly a Kite ..." Glad you're feeling better about your blogging. My numbers are down with regard to numbers of visitors, but I don't really care and blog for the same reasons you do. Enjoy Friday!

Sarah said...

Love the pics! It is gorgeous here today too. I HAVE to get out of my scrap corner and get outside and do some yard work...things are growing!!! My bleeding heart is blooming! Time to kiss my nails goodbye LOL
I can't imagine Kathi's numbers being down??? Or yours for that matter! It must be the weather...people are outside instead of glued to their puters.

Carol said...

I love the final photo of the kite (and such a cool kite).

I also just read your post below. You definitely don't bore me, I love coming here to check out the gorgeous creations you have been doing.

gloria in Utah :) said...

Have you started cloud 'imagining' yet?? The one under the kite in the last picture looks like a rooster running to the right!! Reminds me of the cartoon character Foghorn Leghorn, I think was his name. Gosh, it's been SO long ago. Looks like you had a great time tho. It was windy here too and I saw quite a few kites up. Nice to see kids still do that kind of thing!!

Have a great day!!

Julie said...

Am I the only one that doesn't know that song?! Looks like you guys had a great day. I learned how to knit last week, Jeanne....only to realize that your cutesy animals are crocheted! LOL

Jackie said...

I love reading your blog :) You are so articulate...I just ramble in mine and say nothing :) Oh well....Love the Cinderella kite and the pics you got of Kite Day...advantage of being a mom...you have activities to take pics of :)

stampmonkey said...

It looks, and sounds, like you all had a blast flying kites in the park and doing your Earth Day thing at the school (even if the turnout was poor). Fun song from a great movie!

Glad you realized you have quite a few friends who love your blog and seeing what it is you have to share with us. ;)