Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Grateful Elegance Thank You Card

Happy Tuesday to you! I hope today finds you happy and inspired.

I wandered into my corner today to make a thank you card. I need to make a second one, but only got the one done today. I am happy with how this one came out. I was inspired by this card created by Julee Tilman on Poetic Artistry. I don't own the particular set she used, so I improvised a little (okay a lot) by using Grateful Elegance from Verve Stamps.

100_5507 100_5508

I resized the card to be 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 and I think I got a little bling happy, but it works, doesn't it? It's a pretty straight forward card. About the only thing that is hard to see is that the flowers on the front of the card are popped up with pop dots.

I stamped the flowers in Hollyhock ink, and then colored them in with a Baby Pink Marker. The main flower on the inside is the same and the other flowers are stamped in Baby Pink. I used a Martha Stewart edge punch for the lacy look and also used the Cuttlebug to emboss on the front of the card with the D'Vine and Forest Branches embossing folders.

Supplies:
Stamps: Grateful Elegance (Verve Stamps)
Inks: Hollyhock, Baby Pink (CTMH)
Cardstock: Hollyhock, Chocolate (CTMH), Sweet Blush (PTI)
Accessories/Tools: Rhinestones, marker, Cuttlebug, embossing folders, pop dots

Thanks for the great comments on the hat I was finally able to finish. I've been wanting to say to those of you who have commented that you have wanted to learn how to knit or crochet to Go For It! It's not that difficult, I promise. You may not even need to buy a book or video because I have come across so many videos from You Tube that show how to do stitches. There are lots of websites that offer free patterns. Google is your friend! I have had to Google how to do a bunch of different stitches and have found help on each and every one I needed. You can do it! My friend Nona just made me aware of this website called Knit Picks. You can buy products from Joann's online. Heck, even Walmart sells crochet hooks and needles! If you have the desire to learn...you can do it! And it isn't all that expensive to start. I find it very relaxing in the evening to work on a project (well, except for the pattern that was incorrect, but that doesn't happen too often).  Anyway, I encourage you to take that step toward learning if you are inclined to. You will be so happy you did! Oh and if you need one on one help, maybe you can find some yarn shops in your neck of the woods and take a class. I know Joann's offers classes, even. Okay, off the soap box. I'm just having so much fun these days, I want to share the feeling!

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a great night!

Jeanne

4 comments:

Barb said...

What a pretty card, Jeanne. Such pretty colors! I {heart} KnitPicks! I learned about it from Nona, too and I tell you, I'm a knitting fool! Not qute ready to make a project yet, but I am well on my way. I love the projects you've shared and I wanted to learn to knit so I could make the girls scarves and hats. So...thanks for the inspiration!

Kim Burmeister said...

Jeanne, this card is sooo pretty! I love the scallops. The inside is a great surprise for the person who receives it. Great job!

mE said...

Jeannnnne... I love the scallops! (I'm a sucker for scallops and pretty things like that!) Love the layers and bling on this card :)

Inky Smiles!

ERin

PS... You've been "tagged"

Kathi Carlson said...

Gorgeous card - outside AND inside! The colors are so pretty. I loved the encouragement regarding learning/relearning to knit, too. One of these days . . .