Sunday, March 15, 2009

Fun With Lauren Meader's Templates...

Last night was Papertrey Ink's monthly release party. While I rarely join in on the fun, I'm always excited to see, in their entirety, what the fabulous designers have come up with. I subscribe to many of their blogs and enjoy the week leading up to the release with the sneak peeks they share. Lauren Meader, of My Time, My Creations, My Stampendence, has been designing templates to be released each month. For $5 you not only get the template, you also receive an idea file with 5 not seen before projects and the directions on how to make them. Lauren's enthusiasm for her creations is contagious! While I love the stamp sets being offered this month, I'm going to have to save my pennies before getting any of them. I did however, indulge in buying some of Lauren's templates. And I spent this afternoon playing with them. Here's what I came up with...
100_5695  100_5696

This is the File It With Flair template. Here is one post that sold me on the template. And this is the other post with a project I loved (you'll have to scroll down a bit-although the first project is adorable and made me get that template, too. I told you Lauren was good). I would LOVE to own that tulip stamp set~someday!!) I "made do" with another PTI stamp set called Floral Frenzy. I wanted something with a spring feel, so I used Pink Carnation, Kiwi and Sunkiss Yellow. I punched the Martha Stewart Butterfly Trio butterflies with Pink Carnation cardstock (all CTMH except the punch).

100_5698

I thought the idea of a woven basket was too fun to resist. This was released in February, but I was slow in getting it. LOL I liked they way she has you do the weaving. I added an extra piece to weave a third time and folded the edges that extended above the basket edge down and glued them so they wouldn't flip back up. I could have cut them off I suppose, especially since I covered the top edge, but I wasn't sure at that point what I was going to do to finish the basket. Then I got the idea to use the Martha Stewart lace doily border punch to mimic a doily folded over the edges of the basket. I punched Vanilla Cream cardstock and sponged Parchment ink on the edges to give it a vintage look. The ribbon is from CTMH from my consultant days...I don't even know if they sell it anymore. The basket itself is made with kraft cardstock and sponged with Brown Bag ink. I'm thinking of maybe using it as a teacher gift. 

No cards from me today, but hopefully these are just as fun to see. If you haven't checked out Lauren's blog, you really should. She is super energetic, super talented and I wish I had an ounce of her creativity!

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you have a terrific week!

Jeanne

 

11 comments:

Sarah said...

OK That woven basket with the Martha Stewart punched edge is VERY eye catching. It looks like lined picnic basket. It is wayyy cool.

Alanna said...

Oh Jeanne, these are gorgeous. I was also admiring several of Lauren's templates and that first one that you made is actually one I thought of purchasing.

Barb said...

Very pretty, Jeanne! I love the way your file box turned out,the colors are so spring-y! That little basket is adorable! TFS

Kathi Carlson said...

Oh cute! I saw these, too, and have been thinking about them. Maybe now that I've seen your cool projects ... Have a great week, friend! I'm glad Amy is better!!!

AaronB said...

I have some of her templates too-I also like that they come with the other project ideas-
Yours is really cute!

Anke said...

boy, is there no end to your creativity? these are pretty cool!!! I love all the cards in your previous posts, they are gorgeous as always and who cares if they are copied.. My DS would just love that dinosaur, how cute is that

Kim Burmeister said...

Wow! These are great! I especially love the basket. I have seen her templates too and have been tempted. Great job!

Cindy Haffner said...

Love your fun projects, perfect.

Maricar said...

OMW that basket is adorable. Was it time consuming to make?

mE said...

I LOVE that woven basket!!! What a fabulous idea to wrap the edges with lace!!!

stampmonkey said...

Your File It with Flair baskets are really cute, but I think I may have to CASE your basket --it's adorable! I love that you edged the woven pieces in ink and your idea for the scalloped doily edge is such a sweet touch! LOVE it!!