Sunday, September 14, 2008

Elegance and Guide Lines Cards

100_4724

Here's the card I was working on yesterday. I was waiting for the Icicle Stickles to dry. I think it came out pretty nice, if I do say so myself. I used Verve's Grateful Elegance and made my version of this card. Instead of a square card, I made it the standard 5 1/2 by 4 1/4 size. I used CTMH's Chocolate and Heavenly Blue cardstock and Cocoa ink. The ribbon is from Michaels and the brads are from my stash. You can't tell in the card but the white matted piece is on foam tape.  I punched two small holes in the diamond mat and threaded the ribbon thru. The plan was to make it look like my inspiration card, but the holes got covered up. I like it this way.

Then today I managed to get100_4726 this card done.

The lighting isn't all that great on this one, sorry about that. I need to figure out a place to set up my light box, so I used the desk that is in the room. Anyway, I was inspired by this card made by Lauren Meader, whose blog My Time, My Creations, My Stampedence is so inspirational. I am simply in awe of her talent and creativity! I used PTI's Guide Lines You can see that I didn't mask my circle like she did. I was working from a printout of the picture of the card and didn't print out any directions, so I played with it my way. Ü I used PTI's Sweet Blush cardstock and CTMH's Petal cardstock and ink. The ribbon and brads are from my stash. I added white dots using an American Crafts white gel pen. One of my "essentials" in the room is my Cuttlebug and you can see I used Swiss Dots like Lauren did. The circle and scallop circle are from my Nestabilities.

Update on my new space. I shopped around today and picked up several Cropper Hopper Vertical Paper Storage files. I got all my CTMH cardstock in them. Yippee! I had to pull out my scraps though and put the cardstock in without the baggies I was using. I kept the scraps in those baggies and realized I had a tub wide and long enough to house the scraps. For now they are all under the desk/table. Not ideal, but way better than nothing! Anyway, just having the cardstock in the room was great. Steve hooked up a TV in there, so the girls and I watched the Bronco game while we worked. Ü I shifted the desk so that I don't have to keep turning around to look at the TV. I was less frustrated today creating than I was yesterday.

Answering a couple of comments I've received:

Gloria, hubby does have some earphones that block noise. In addition to being a light sleeper, he also has tinnitus and he uses these to create some white noise. I think he's been wearing them this weekend. Whew! I will remind the girls to be quiet when needed, but won't be stressing so much about it.

Jackie, we don't have an Ikea in CO....yet! I just read in the paper on Friday that we may be getting one south of Denver...in about a year and a half! I've heard great things about items you can get for storage and organization there and will look forward to checking it out should that plan come to fruition.

Thanks for the encouragement and tips!

Til next time, thanks for visiting!

Jeanne

5 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

These cards were worth the wait! Beautiful!! Vertical paper storage, a TV, and Ikea on it's way. Man, you've got it made! I had to look up "tinnitus," too. Poor guy (he hasn't had much sympathy from me lately. LOL.)!Now that your stuff is handy, you can keep creating. I'll be waiting. Have a great week!

Kim Burmeister said...

Pretty cards, Jeanne! I like the stickles a lot. It makes the card shine.

I keep my CTMH paper in Cropper Hopper vertical storage too. I use the CTMH ziplock bags for each color and store my scraps in with the 12 x 12 paper. That way I make sure I use my scraps before a new piece of paper. Have fun organizer your supplies. I love do that.

Barb said...

Lovely cards, Jeanne! You are defintely 'back in action' and I look forward to many more creations now that you've got the 'perfect' set up! :D

Anonymous said...

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/categories/departments/small_storage

Go to this link for Ikea online. This should at least give you some ideas as to what you might want to do.

Good luck!!

gloria in Utah

stampmonkey said...

I've run out of time to continue commenting tonight, but I wanted you to know how much I LOVE all your Artful Elegance cards. I've been trying really hard not to buy so many stamps lately (including that one and the Quilters Sampler), but you're definitely not making it easy for me.... You keep this up and I may have to get made at you. lol