Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Google Chrome

Today Google released their new browser called Chrome. Since IE 7 isn't working for my gmail anymore and Firefox randomly doesn't work and I have to reboot the computer to get it to work right again, I thought...what the heck and downloaded it. (I just typed in Google Chrome into a Google search to find the link). It downloaded quickly and seems rather cool. There's a bunch of short videos that show different features that you can view before you decide to download. In some ways it looks similar to Firefox so it's not a completely foreign interface.  We'll see how I like it after I play around with it.

I received a package in the mail from my friend, Monica. She sent the sweetest little book about friends, an angel bookmark and two spool knitting kits for the girls. Amy was excited to get started right away and Jessica was excited for Mommy to get started with hers right away. Ü I completely forgot to take a picture of Amy working on hers, but I will tomorrow.  In the meantime, here's what I have managed to complete for Jessica.100_4688 She wants a pink butterfly. It's oddly therapeutic to do this. After a few false starts, Amy seems to have grasped the "knitting" aspect of it. I was thinking of picking up an adult version of this thing. Hmmmm...what do you think?

I  wanted to apologize for the fonts on previous posts that were too small to read. When I was typing them, they looked huge to me, so I made them smaller. Apparently too small. I don't want to harm anyone's eyesight! I also am thinking that you might prefer a more standard type of font as well for easier readability.  Let me know if this font (which is the default font and size) is difficult to read, okay?

Thanks for visiting!

Jeanne

2 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

The Google Chrome sounds interesting . . . The spool knitter is cool. In fact, somewhere in my "stuff," I have a homemade one - an actual wood spool with nails in the top - that belonged to my great-grandmother. She used it to make "strings" for the winter caps she knit for us. Her tool even has an unfinished project on it. After seeing what you're doing, I want to find it. Thanks for the reminder and warm memory.

Sylvia said...

I like your new look.