Thursday, September 18, 2008

Inkspired by Kathi-Rolled Leaves

Kathi continually inkspires me with her creations. She has a knack for choosing pleasing colors and designs. 100_4735Most of the time I just outright copy what she's done because, I figure,  why mess with perfection? Ü

However, there are times when I feel like I should stretch myself a little and see what I can do with a piece I've seen. Today was one of those times. Here's the card that inkspired me.

You can obviously see the differences, the most obvious being I didn't have the same leaf stamp. But the leaf in Inkadinkado's Fall Season set reminded me of the leaf in Kathi's card and went a long way towards my deciding to purchase the set at Joann's recently. See Kathi, you enable me when you don't even know it!

I used the ink rolling technique, like Kathi, but I don't think I used all the same colors. The brown leaf is stamped in Brown Bag and rolled in Barn red. The middle leaf uses Autumn Terracotta and Barn Red and the yellow leaf is Honey and Goldrush. I cut them out and mounted them with some foam tape to give dimension. The Colonial White squares are matted with Barn Red cardstock and stamped with Speckled Background in Bamboo. The edges are sponged with corresponding ink colors. The stamp on the Autumn Terracotta background is from Adorable Backgrounds. The sentiment was punched with my new Word Window punch (from SU) and stamped with a sentiment from Verve's Thoughtful Sentiments set. All other supplies are from CTMH.

It's kind of a simple card, but that's okay. Those are great cards, too. It took the longest time to cut out those leaves!

Thanks for stopping by. And thanks, Kathi, for always inkspiring me!

Jeanne

4 comments:

stampmonkey said...

Very pretty card, Jeanne! I love the design, the colors, and the technique on the leaves...doesn't matter to me that you were 'inkspired' by a similar card. It's all good. ;)

Aren't you lovin' the leaves that are starting to turn around here?!

Barb said...

I love it! Everything about it, says Autumn. The colors are perfect and I love the rolling technique you used. So, so pretty!

Erica said...

STUNNING!

Kathi Carlson said...

Glad to oblige/enable you!! Always happy to inspire you. Your card is lovely. Do the leaves turn color in Colorado? That might be a dumb question . . . The maple trees are just starting to turn orange and red here. I love them the most.