Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Final Tally-Type+Writer Digi Layout

Well, here it is Wednesday and I'm behind on this two week class already! I'll blame it on the kids. They had Monday off from school (in addition to Thursday and Friday of last week for assessments-they only went for 45 minutes on Friday) and I had to keep them entertained. Monday was the first day of class.

This is a class about writing to improve journaling and also to learn a bit about typography. There are two teachers, the incomparable Jessica Sprague and her trusty sidekick, Liv E. Liv has a fabulous journaling style and I'm excited to learn some of her tricks. Okay, so on odd days of class, Liv is in charge and gives us writing prompts. Then on even days, Jessica gives us a digital template to use to create our layout and lessons in typography. What I'm sharing today is the layout for Day 2. In addition to the templates Jessica gives us, we were also given a digital kit full of papers and embellishments from various designers. The items I use will be from the kit unless otherwise specified.

So without further ado, here is my layout! Click on it to make it larger if you want.

MonicaTW-TheFinalTally_-2 

We learned how to make the type and numbers all grungy. The layout is a template from class. We were to free write for 15 uninterrupted (yea, right) minutes the details from a recent adventure. I chose to write about our day trip when my friend Monica and her family drove to Keystone, CO (ski area) where they have a timeshare condo. I think I want to do another layout of the trip to Estes Park to see my friend Kelly and her family. We'll see, though. I've got some more free writing to do for class. Ü

Thanks for visiting!

Jeanne

6 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

What a FUN layout! And, I'm starting to wonder why anyone would scrap the old-fashioned way! Have fun with your class! I'll be waiting to see what else you do. TFS.

Angela2932 said...

Awesome! Wonderful photos for the layout. You did a nice job journaling on your blog about the class! Aren't you just loving it? I had no idea how much of a digiscrapping class it would be as well as writing. . . and typography! Lucky us! "See" you in school!

Carol said...

You have done a wonderful job on your layout. And you should feel proud of yourself for getting this far. I am further behind than you but plan to catch up on the weekend.

Kim Burmeister said...

Wow! I really like this! I can see using Typewriter Keys alphabet from CTMH to do this type of journaling. Thanks for the idea! You did a great job!

Kelleigh Ratzlaff Designs said...

I love it!! I am seriously loving this class, too. And, by the way, we are in the same spot!! I'm sure I'll never really be caught up!

Barb said...

Wow, Jeanne! I love this LO. So you created the number tiles? Very nice...I have never taken a digital scrapping class...I think I might look into doing that though. Great job and thanks for sharing it!