Saturday, May 2, 2009

Let's Go Fly A Kite...digi layout

Happy {inter}National Scrapbooking Day! Yep, it's a holiday celebrating those who creatively document their family memories. There have been sales galore in the digi world and I picked up a few goodies yesterday.

However, today I went shopping to see if I could find some overalls for the girls. Did you know they are very difficult to find these days? Apparently OshKoshB'Gosh is no more! That lets you know how long it's been since I've actively searched for overalls. Amy wore them often when she was a little tyke, but Jessica not so much. She was too long in the torso. Then during the potty training years, wearing clothing that takes a bit of effort to get off was not such a smart idea. Amy got some overalls handed down to her recently and she still looks adorable in them. She will outgrow those soon and I wanted her to have a pair that would fit when that happens. Anyway, the girls and I took a jaunt to a sort of outlet mall called Colorado Mills (where I used to go to OshKosh) yesterday, since they were off from school. That's when I found out that the store is long gone. So no overalls to be found there. However, they still had The Children's Place Outlet store and we found some great deals there (They each got a dress, shorts/top and jammies). Whoo hooo! Last night, it occurred to me that Goodwill might have some. That's where I went this morning and found a couple of pair (capri length pants ones for Jess and a shorts version for Amy). I went to another second hand store and found a long pants pair for Amy and the most adorable jean jacket for Jess. So, at last I was successful and they all fit!

Steve did some maintenance work on my computer before I could sit down to digi scrap, but once he was done, I jumped on. I was able to finish this layout of Jessica's Kite Day...
JessicaKiteDay

The page kit I used is a collaborative kit by Flergs and Kate Winiecki called A Perfect Day. I really liked the kite in this kit, along with the great layouts shared by their creative teams. I had to remember how to change the color of the kite, though and a little research reminded me how easy it was. I hemmed and hawed over adding the kite, but in the end, I liked it.

I also modified a Kay Miller Designs template from Collection 23 (took off the flowers).

Finally, I looked up the lyrics to the tune that kept running through my head during this field trip. For those who aren't sure, it's from Mary Poppins.

Anyway...a lot of explanation for a little bit of work. I've not been to my desk in a few days, so no cards to share. I have been stitching up a storm to get the project done for the girls' teachers, though.

I hope you are having a wonderful day no matter how you are spending it. I heard that this weekend marks the 5th straight weekend here where the weather has been, let's just say, less than ideal. While it's not snowing, it is gloomy and gray and rather cool.

Jeanne

6 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

I knew these photos would make for the BEST layout! So cute! And, were was I on National Scrapbooking Day? ARCHIVER'S!!! My bag isn't all that big, but it was so much fun! A real store. Back to the small town tomorrow, which is OK, too. Enjoy the evening and Sunday!!

Sarah said...

Awww Jeanne, this is great! I love how you lined up the kits strings. So what do you do with these LO's..do you leave them on the puter or do you print them out?
Great colors!

Barb said...

What a cute layout! I love Mary Poppins and when I first saw these pics on your blog, that is the song that came to mind. Very appropriate! I love the colors here, niffty changing the kite to work better with the colors in the photo. Great job!

Jackie said...

Oh I like how you tied the two photos together with the string

Kim Burmeister said...

Boy, you are have been busy! Cute layout! I love the details...clouds, string, journaling! Great job.

Carolyn said...

This is adorable. Digi LO i know nothing about... hmmmm You have mez thinkin.