Saturday, April 12, 2008

Friendship Card

Guess I sort of just jumped into posting about my other card and didn't really chit chat, first. Obviously I was able to get out to my craft room today. Steve ended up being "on call" this weekend for a project that is due on Monday and so, we are hanging out close to home (so far so good, but you know if we'd have planned something...the phone would ring). This is the first time this has happened, so who am I to complain? I get to play! :o)

Yikes! I haven't gone back to journal on Jessica's version of the layout I shared the other day. Amy had the day off of school yesterday and we hung out at home until it was time to go to a tea party the girls were invited to. Well, the girls fought a lot and I tried to ignore them by working on my Intentions Challenge for my digi class. I was able to finish up tagging my digi supplies. Now I need to back them up and I'll have completed that challenge. But, she gave us a new one for the layout we're doing next week. I tried taking the photo, but it was too cloudy today. Tomorrow it's supposed to be nice so I'll try again and explain more later.

The girls had a great time, as usual when we were at our friends' house. But the second they loaded back up into the van, they were bickering again! Oh my goodness! They don't do this too often, but when they do, it goes on and on and on...

Okay, so that should catch you up a bit. When I saw this card and read how she colored the flowers, I KNEW I had to try it for myself. And here's the result. In case you don't check out the link, I'll tell you. These flowers are from Michaels bridal area. They come in a little clear paint bucket in either white or cream. They are shimmery and embossed. Well, Jen Del Muro shared that she used a waterpen and re-inker color the flower. What a great idea, huh? So, mine are colored with Blush re-inker. I tried to get a close up, but it came out too blurry. Check hers out now, if you didn't before.

Credits:
All supplies CTMH unless otherwise noted
Cardstock: Blush, Cocoa, Green Baroque (Making Memories)
Inks: Blush, Cocoa
Reinker: Blush
Stamp sets: Because of You (sentiment), Share Laughter-"friends" (Hero Arts)
Flowers (Michaels), Pearl stickers (Archiver's)
I have one more card to share with you. Be right back!

my signature 2

2 comments:

stampmonkey said...

Another beautiful card! I'm gonna have to see about getting some of those shimmery embossed flowers -- they're really pretty and add a nice touch to the card.

Kathi Carlson said...

Another beauty. I really like the way you did the sentiment. That's a great sketch, too.