Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Card Instead of a Layout...

Jessica sent out Lesson 2 for the digi class I'm taking on Monday and I haven't had a chance to finish it. I worked on it last night, but it got late and I wanted to be fresh to work on it more, so I thought I'd get'r done today. First though, I registered my little Jessica for Kindergarten this morning! Sniff, sniff! Took her to preschool a little early so we could read stories together. Then, well, remember the deck that Steve asked me to clean up? Today was the day for me to do it. Granted it didn't take a huge amount of time, but it took up precious no kid time. (I was clearing out old toys that were littering it-you know how that goes, right?) Tuesdays are our trash pick up days and I wanted to get the stuff I didn't want to keep out to the trash before kids got home from school. Oh and it's a good thing I cleaned today as there is supposedly a storm coming in tomorrow that has the potential to develop into a pretty decent snow storm late tomorrow and Thursday. Then I called my friend Kelly in CA and talked for the remainder of the no kid time I had. Hadn't talked to her in a long time, so it was nice. Part of the reason I didn't get as much time on Monday is I decided to clean up around the house, so that I could work on my layout today with no "guilt." Ah well, the best laid plans sometimes get booted around by life. LOL

So, I thought I'd post a card I made a couple of weekends ago and didn't get to posting for some reason or another. I was inspired by this card on Dawn's Stamping Thoughts blog. I thought it was a unique card, even though there isn't a lot of stamping-heck only that flower, from Papertrey Ink's Women of Life set. She created a video tutorial, as well, which you can see here.

Credits: Doodebug patterned paper, Watermelon, Orange and Dutch Blue cardstock (CTMH), Souffle glaze pen (white), circle punch, corner punch used to make scalloped edge, Cricut for scalloped circle (Mini Monograms cartridge), Orange organdy ribbon from CTMH.

I WILL finish my lesson tomorrow...as all my "chores" are done.

Thanks for visiting!
my signature 2

3 comments:

Kelleigh Ratzlaff Designs said...

This is beautiful! I have GOT to get back to my card making. Even my husband agrees that my stash is running low! (He even said, "Don't start without me!" How cute is that?)

Kathi Carlson said...

Cool card. I love the bright colors and just might have to try this one! TFS.

Jackie said...

cute card....love your story about the cleaning of the deck before the kids got home...