Saturday, April 5, 2008

Gordon...Another Try at the Challenge

While I loved the layout I created of Amy's blankie, I wasn't sure if I captured the essence of the challenge, which was to have the front part of the picture in focus and the rest of it sort of blurred. Maybe the blanket was too detailed to really show this. I decided to try another item loved by both my girls and that is a train! Well, any of the Thomas trains. This one is Gordon, and once the girls saw what I was doing in taking the picture of Gordon (the first one I grabbed) they were quite excited, and proceeded to pull out all the other trains we have so I could take more pictures! I complied and took a bunch! But this one of Gordon was one of the best shots, I thought.

I kept the layout really simple so the eye would be drawn to the photo, I hope.
Credits:
Template: #FOO15 (square) Kissed Studio
Papers: WhitieTightie by Amy Teets, Red Solid by Jessica Sprague (in my NWR week four folder....gotta love my ACDSee that found it for me), the blue and gray are filled layers.
Fonts: Impact, Texas Hero and Century Gothic
my signature 2

3 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

Oh, how I love this layout! The photo, the colors, the contemporary look - everything!! Photos that include favorite toys make for great conversation starters years later, too.

Kim Burmeister said...

Boy, you are a busy! Another great layout! A great subject to keep for your kids to look back on when they are older. Favorite toys...Hmmm! I think I am going to have to scrap this one too!

Jackie said...

Oh love those Thomas trains......very cute lo