Tuesday, April 22, 2008

I almost forgot!

I can't believe I almost forgot to share this. I know I said something about the eggs that they are trying to hatch at Jessica's preschool. One egg had a hole pecked out yesterday and I was told it would take a few days to break free. Well, apparently it hatched in the wee hours of the morning. When we got to school we were told to come see the new baby!

I've never seen this before, so it was just as exciting for me to see a newly hatched chick. The other two eggs have cracks in them and we're hoping to maybe see a new chick sometime tomorrow, or Thursday. It'd be so neat for the kids to actually see the act of being hatched!

I may bring my camera tomorrow to see if I can capture a few shots. Everyone is so excited to see some success with this incubation.

Til next time...
my signature 2

1 comment:

Kathi Carlson said...

What a great experience for the little ones and moms, too! Having come from the farm, I've seen most everything "hatch." Nevertheless, the wonder never stops.