Sunday, March 9, 2008

Komplete Kopy of Kathi's Kard...

When Kathi posted this card yesterday I fell in love with it and HAD to create one for myself. The only thing is I didn't have any of the vintage looking doo-dads. Well, obviously I do now! :o) Thanks for sharing such a beautiful card, Kathi, and although it is an easy, uncomplicated one to create, I think it packs quite a punch! I knew I had seen a bag of buttons at Michaels that I thought would work, so I headed over there after I got my grocery shopping done. I went to the button aisle and....they weren't there!!!! Ooooh Noooooo! I wandered the store and even went over to the stitchery department and could not find the buttons. So, I gave up, thinking I would run over to JoAnn's and see what they had. I was perplexed as to WHY they would get rid of the buttons as they are such a staple for crafting. I picked up a few other things to console myself and stood in line. The gal before me had a tax exempt purchase which meant the cashier had to call up for some help on how to complete the transaction. So, I asked the manager what happened to the buttons. The cashier piped up and said they moved them to the stitchery department. HUH? I was just there. So, I went back and sure enough there were the buttons on the wall, not in the aisle and I had walked right past them! And they had a bag of the vintage looking ones. But what to do with the shank so the button would lay flat? As I was admiring another plastic case of buttons, I managed to drop it and buttons flew everywhere! Yikes! But there was a lady working in the area and she helped me pick them up. So I asked her. She told me she uses wire cutters to snip off the shank. Cool beans! I have a wire cutter. So I happily went back to the cash registers with my bag 'o buttons and a couple of other things that happened to jump into my hands.

I used white cardstock and cut three flowers from the Walk in My Garden Cricut cartridge. I misted those with water and crumpled them up, then opened them carefully and set them aside to dry. I used the textile looking Cuttlebug embossing folder and embossed another piece of white cardstock. I fold up a piece of notebook paper and put it on top of the piece I'm embossing so the cardstock won't crack. I added some gold cord and attached it with some glue. The Happy Anniversary is from PTI's Mixed Messages set. After I put it together I snipped the shank of the button and attached it with some glue (the Scotch brand that starts drying quickly and is clear is what I used on this card).

I've got a few more projects to share, so I'll be right back!

5 comments:

Rachel said...

this card is beautiful!!!!!!

Kathi Carlson said...

Our cards are twins!! I'm glad you found buttons, too. Several years ago, one of my sisters gave me a bunch of odds and ends, telling me that if anyone would figure out what to do with them, I would. That's where I got my button. Your flower looks awesome, by the way. They're kind of fun, aren't they?

Kim Burmeister said...

PRETTY! I just love these white embossed cards I see on blogs. Great job! Another one on my to do list.

Julie said...

Beautiful card

Unknown said...

Sooooo beautiful and delicate. Wow.