Sunday, March 30, 2008

Embrace Happiness

Most of the time when I show a card I've made to my hubby, he glances at it and says...cute or that's nice. In other words, not too much enthusiasm is shown. He's told me before that he doesn't "get" how I create them. It's beyond his realm of expertise, so he doesn't know what to say. But then, he'll share some family news or something and say...maybe you can make a card for them. So, at least he appreciates the making of the card and he must like them enough to ask me to make one.

Such was the case last night as we were getting ready for bed. He told me he got an email from his mom, who informed him that his sister had her thyroid removed, and they found cancer. He didn't know any more than that, but the jist from his mom's email was that every thing will be okay. Btw, his sister and I are the same age. Can you say...hitting close to home? Then he said, maybe you can make a nice card. For her or your mom? (inside joke, sorry).Here's the card I came up with after seeing this card on a "new to me" blog. And yes, I attempted to make the ribbon blossom, but wasn't successful, so I followed most of the rest of the design instead! I didn't want to make a get well card...so I thought the embrace happiness sentiment would send a positive hopeful message. Hubby really liked the card, too, which is saying something!
credits: striped ad paisley paper(Making Memories), Taffy, Bubblegum, Buttercup cardstock and inks (CTMH), rectangle nestabilities, oval scallop punch, Coluzzle oval, various circle punches, Swiss Dots embossing folder (Cuttlebug), Embrace happiness (Mixed Messages-Papertrey Ink), white brads, pearl stickers, stems are from Happy Easter set (CTMH) stamped in Sweet Leaf ink, ribbon (my stash).

Thanks as always for visiting!
my signature 2

2 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

This card is gorgeous. I love the bright, fun colors. Very cool that the CTMH cardstocks match the MM papers so well, too. Sounds like your hubby's understanding of cardmaking is about the same as my husband's is. Oddly, what really impressed Marv recently was that little pink dress card . . .

Kim Burmeister said...

Wow! Wow! Wow! Very pretty! Love everything about it!