Friday, March 28, 2008

Inkspired by Kathi!

Kathi does it again! When I saw the card she posted today, I knew I wanted to make one too. She was inkspired by another blogger's post. I love how this happens. :o)



The girls wanted to spend some time out in Mommy's Craft Room today, so I happily obliged and got a few cards done.

My version is pretty much a case of hers, but I did a couple of things to "make it my own." Mainly, before I ran my embossing folder through my Cuttlebug, I inked one side with Garden Green ink. Doesn't that look cool? I read about doing this on a blog somewhere, but can't quite remember where-could have been Kathi's! LOL I also chose to use a different sentiment in a different location.



Credits: Lilac Mist, Garden Green and White cardstock and ink (CTMH), Black Textured cardstock (Hobby Lobby), Simple Blossoms stamp set (CTMH), Cuttlebug embossing folder, green acrylic discs (Michaels), Hi There sentiment from Mixed Messages set (Papertrey Ink).

2 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

You're gonna laugh - I hope! I'm up to my eyeballs in baby shower "duties" tonight, so I'm skimming as I'm reading and read "My version is pretty much a case of hers." However, I only saw the words my, version, much, pretty, hers, which I, at first, thought read "My version is much prettier than hers." Of course, I reread it right away and got it right the second time. Had you said what I thought for a second or two, I could have handled it. It's just that I know you wouldn't have said it . . . even if it were true! I love the way you inked the white piece. You case real good, my friend!!!

Kim Burmeister said...

Very pretty! I like how you inked your embossed image. Very nice!