Sunday, January 13, 2008

Cuttlebug Cards...

Okay, I'm back!
This first card was inspired by a card I saw on the CTMH artwork board by Christina Biggs. She used CTMH's new Creative Basics Silhouette Collection for her patterned background piece, but I don't own that set of papers. I do own a Papertrey Ink stamp set called Sweet Love and was able to mimic the look of the paper using two stamps from that set and black ink. I'm tickled I could do that. I then cut flowers using my Cricut and Walk in my Garden as well as George cartridges. I used white cardstock, then ran them through my Cuttlebug to get the texture. I lightly distressed with inks to help make the texture stand out. Colors are Blush and Black.
This next card was inspired by one I saw on a blog. I took some liberties with the design, but loved the idea of running the black cardstock through the Cuttlebug embossing folder to get the texture. I used a smaller folder to get the focal piece (I don't remember the name of it). I chose to flip it over so it was debossed rather than embossed. The papers are from Die Cuts With a View Fall Textured Paper pack. The black textured cardstock is one I got at Hobby Lobby. I liked using it because it's solid black as opposed to having a white core. The thanks sentiment is from a Fiskars set I picked up. I really like how the ribbon worked with the lighter color cardstock.
Thanks for visiting! Now I'm off to figure out my layout for today. :o)

No comments: