Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Year in Review-LOAD #8

I got today's layout done a LOT earlier than yesterday's layout. :o) It is still pretty simple, but I really liked the idea of doing a year in review. It's actually a bit harder than I thought. It was tough choosing pictures that encompass what happened throughout the year without being too cheesy. I think I did okay. When we look at this layout, my hope is that it will spark the "remember when" conversations. Time will tell.

I got this template from Kissed Studio. It's a freebie. The paper is from a freebie Pure Love kit I got from Scrapwow. This has been a good investment I think. I joined for something like $20 for the year. Each month I get a full kit FREE, plus unannounced bonus things. I don't use the website they also provide, but I'm glad I tried this subscription service. I might even renew! LOL

Font is Century Gothic and whatever font, I think Ariel, on the template.

I tried to use just a word or two to describe the photos.

Erica left me a comment asking how I use templates. I thought I'd respond here so others who might be wondering will learn too. I use Photoshop Elements 5.0 (just a reminder) and when I download the templates I want, I usually download the PSD version. When I open up the template in PSE, I see each of the layers needed to create the layout. I then highlight the layer I want my paper or picture to go to and open the paper or picture (or element). I drag that item to the template picture in my picture bin. Once it's there, I move the item to where it needs to be. To make the item fit, I use the command Control G to clip the item so it will be the same size as the layer. I can then resize as necessary. I hope this helps those who are wondering.

I've also been TAGGED twice! I will come back later tonight and post about that. :o)

Thanks for visiting! I hope you find time to create today.



2 comments:

Kim Burmeister said...

What a great idea! Love it!

BTW, you are the one who gave me the liquid glass tip. Thanks, again!

Dawn said...

Very Nice!!! Daily layouts...you are amazing me!! Keep them coming....
dewnie