Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Basic Grey Butterfly Card

Before I get into the card I finished today I thought I would let you know that the adhesive I ordered on Sunday morning from The Tape Depot arrived today! That's super quick considering it came from Florida (priority mail)! Each roll of tape is wrapped in its own little bag of cellophane, too. I have to finish up the adhesive on my gun first before I can try the new stuff, though.

100_5102Now for my card. I think I shared that I found some Basic Grey clear stamps at a store called Capture this past Saturday. You know I love me some butterflies and when I saw this set I HAD to have it for that butterfly alone. The stamp itself is clear, but the backer sheet has the colors on it. I thought it looked so striking I tried to mimic it by stamping the image with Versamark and rubbing chalk over it. I managed to get the chalking done and the image cut out yesterday, but ran out of time to do any more. Here's the final result:100_5099

And this is another instance wear the colors in the butterfly actually coordinate better with the dp in real life than they do in a photo. You'll have to trust me on this. The butterfly stamp has that second set of antennae attached and it looked okay, but I wanted only one set, so I cut out the butterfly and the extra set. I used a glue pen to adhere the body and the antennae to the white circle and then used some pop dots to lift the wings a bit. You might be able to see it better in this photo:100_5101

There wasn't much room for a sentiment, so I left it off. That way the card can be used for whatever sentiment is needed.

I used the Autumn colors in the chalk tray from Close To My Heart using little pom pom puffs...and added some Cinnamon Stickles for just a touch of bling.

After I finished the card I had  a bit of time left before having to go pick up the girls from school and I didn't feel like starting another card, so I decided to run over to Archiver's to see if I could find something to use my 30% off coupon on (it expires on the 31st) because you know I want to keep getting the coupons! I came upon a 6x6 stack of Basic Grey paper called Ambrosia that coordinates with this stamp set. I'll have to see what I can pull together! The paper I used is from Die Cuts With a View Fall stack which I seem to be turning to a lot this season Blushing.

Stuff I Used-

Stamps: Basic Grey-there's no name on it other than Bohemia

Paper-Fall Matstack (DCWV), Autumn Terracotta (CTMH), white

Accessories-Cocoa organdy ribbon, Cinnamon Stickles, Autumn season Chalk (CTMH)

Tools: Circle and Scallop Circle Nestabilities, Cuttlebug, glue pen

Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you have a great day and just think...the weekend is inching ever closer!

Jeanne

10 comments:

Barb said...

What a beautiful card, Jeanne! I like butterflies, too and you did a wonderful job of coloring this one! So so pretty! TFS

Erica said...

were you up in fort collins this weekend? Isn't capture cute? small but cute. did you go to the treasure box too? Adorable card btw!

mE said...

Ok,

I already gushed to you in Gtalk how much I LOOOOOVE this card!! LOL! I love that stamp and the paper and the stickles... so pretty!

Anke said...

I really looks wonderful. The cutting out part would drive me crazy but I love what you did! Gorgeous.

Jean said...

Hi Jeanne! Love that butterfly. Wish I could see it up close.

Kim Burmeister said...

Very pretty! I love the two colored butterfly and how you raised the wings.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card! Love this!

Carol said...

Wow, I didn't know Basic Grey made stamps. The stamp and card are gorgeous.

Kathi Carlson said...

Beautiful card! The colors are awesome, and I LOVE that butterfly stamp.

stampmonkey said...

Gorgeous card, and you did a beautiful job coloring that butterfly! Were you up in my neck of the woods, or do you have a Capture near you (I didn't think there was more than one)? I shop more at the Treasure Box than Capture, but they both are really nice stores.