Friday, October 24, 2008

Enjoy the Moment-Card

100_5021 Guess which stamp set I finally broke down and bought? Papertrey Ink's Out on a Limb! You know, I've wanted it for awhile, but when I would try to order it, it would be out of stock. When it was in stock, I didn't have the funds to order it! Finally the two merged and I snagged it. Happy

And after seeing different blog posts with the new Martha Stewart border punches, I was just itching to see them in person. I've had to stalk Michaels for a few weeks, but got lucky this week as they finally reset the punches with all her new ones-and there are some really neat looking ones. That I had a 50% off Joann's coupon was icing on the cake. LOL I was able to use the spiral edge border punch on this card. I just started subscribing to Pickled Paper Designs and fell in love with this card when I saw it. (Apparently, Kathi did too...here's her version!). I tried using CTMH markers to color in the leaves and even tried a little blending of colors. Not sure I was really successful at it, but overall the effect is okay. I Cuttlebugged the New England Ivy background with the Argyle embossing folder and attached that to Cocoa cardstock. It's kind of hard to see, but I added a bit of Goldrush under the focal image and distressed the edges. And you can obviously see I pierced the edges. Enjoy the Moment is from Papertrey Ink's Mixed Messages set. The ribbon is from Michaels, I believe.

Yea, it's Friday! The girls and I are invited to Hattie's house for a party to watch It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown. They are quite excited. Other than that, and maybe a jaunt to a pumpkin patch...there's not much on my agenda, so hopefully, you'll come back and see what I've been up to!

Thanks for visiting!

Jeanne

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOOOOOOOOOVE this card!!!

I love the background texture and the ribbon and the color combo... it's so soothing to look at. Love PTI stamps!

Have fun watching The Great Pumpkin... Don't giggle too much when you're rocking out in your brain to Hey Ya by Outkast.... LOL!!!

E.

Kathi Carlson said...

Here we are again. Lovin' the same card. I'm glad you got the Out on a Limb set, too. It's the one I reach for again and again. Your card is great. That new punch looks interesting. I'll have to take a look at Walmart and see if it jumps into my cart. Your trip to Hattie's for the Great Pumpkin sounds like fun. Isn't it fun to see little ones excited about something so simple? Kids are so cool!!

Anke said...

wow, your cards are always amazing looking, I love them all. The last one with the trailing leaves was gorgeous! Very artistic

Carol said...

That is a gorgeous card! Sounds like you have had a lot success shopping.

Kari said...

Love, love your new look!! And all of your crafty goodies, too! Would love to know how you added the flower and ribbon between your posts - I've got one in the kit I bought but have no idea how to add it into the code!!

Kim Burmeister said...

Very pretty! Love the colors!

stampmonkey said...

Your version is beautiful, Jeanne! I LOVE that set, even though I haven't used it all that much (yet!). What's funny is my mom just emailed me this morning with HER version of that same card of Amy Sheffer's that inspired yours. Hope you enjoyed your Charlie Brown party yesterday. ;)

Felicia Fernandez said...

So pretty!! I've never been one for the border punches, but it really does add a lot to the card. Hmmm...one more thing to add to my "Jeanne has it so I need to try it" list! And Mike just left this morning for 6 weeks so he'll never know :)

Barb said...

Gorgeous card,Jeanne. I love this stamp set, it's on my wish list. You did a great job with the leaves and I love the colors of the cardstock you used. Very nice!