Monday, October 6, 2008

Butterfly Card

My friend, Barb is so sweet. A few weeks after I broke my ankle this summer, she sent me a RAK (random act of kindess) in the form of a terrific card and images to color. I attempted to color one of them awhile ago and the result was so bad, into the trash can it went (sorry, Barb). I've not felt brave enough to try again until today.100_4903

This image is called Checkered Butterfly and it's from Lockhart Stamp Company, according to her note on the back of the piece. I have to admit to being nervous about coloring the image. After all, I've only got one chance to get it right! I am not sure I even got it right on this one, but it looks kind of nice. After coloring in the image with colors similar to the striped paper, I decided those stripes were a bit too overpowering next to that butterfly, so I added some Summer Sunrise cardstock (from Papertrey Ink) that I ran through my Cuttlebug with my new Forest Branches embossing folder. I think it adds a nice bit of dimension. The dp is from the Fall Matstack from DCWV. Barb sent the image on a square piece of cardstock, and I hope she doesn't mind that I decided to use my Circle Nestabilities. The mat is Chocolate cardstock (CTMH).

You probably can't tell, unless you click on the image to enlarge it, but I added some glitter from Martha Stewart. My Super Walmart is now carrying Martha Stewart products and I've been collecting a few of the glitter tubes since I've read good things about her glitter. I used Fire Opal and little bit of Yellow Gold. I think I like it so far. I also thought that the Vineyard Berry organdy ribbon(CTMH) added a nice touch. I'm keeping this one sentiment free until I use the card, partly because I'm not quite sure where to put a sentiment. LOL

Thanks again for stopping by! I probably should hold off and keep a card back for another day of posting, but I get too excited to share. Hope you don't mind!

Jeanne

7 comments:

Oma said...

You could put a sentiment in the lower left corner on a white or beige rectangle with the corners rounded. I think it would look very nice. Love the card and your butterfly looks good.

Kathi Carlson said...

Very pretty! Your coloring did the butterfly justice and I love the glitter! We've got Martha glitter at Walmart in TRF, too, but so far, I've managed to walk past it. Use it a time or two more and I'm sure my resolve will melt . . . if it hasn't already.

Barb said...

VERY pretty, Jeanne! I love the combo you've used and I really must buy that CB folder...it adds SO much texture to the card without being over the top! The colors are wonderful and the images are yours...cut away! TFS

Anke said...

boy, your creations are amazing! I love every one of those cards you make!

stampmonkey said...

What a pretty card! I LOVE that butterfly image, and your coloring looks great and I like the added glitter. I've been wondering how to use that particular Cuttlebug folder...you did a nice job with it. tfs

mE said...

OOOOH Jeanne!!!

Greetings from Des Moines, Iowa! Brent finally got his laptop to connect to Mom and Dad's isp here! YAY!

I LOVE this card! I must try this out! The butterfly is so lovely and the glitter makes it just right :)

Hugs!

Erin

Maricar said...

Love the texture. Love the coloring. Love the striped border. Great card.