Sunday, October 12, 2008

Sertoma Butterfly House-Digi Layout

Sertoma-Butterfly-House Happy Sunday to you!

I woke up earlier than the rest of the family and decided to work on a digi layout while it was calm and quiet.  Here's what I came up with.

You may recall on our recent trip back to Sioux Falls, SD, I took the girls to the local Butterfly House. I took a bunch of pictures and this layout showcases a few of my favorites. I really like these photos for different reasons. The top one is interesting because one of the butterflies is laying on it's side while it eats...look to the center of the top photo (click image to enlarge the layout). The middle one makes me happy because it's one of an Aztec Moth. They are huge, but live only a few days because it doesn't have a mouth! I love the wing tips that look like snake heads. The bottom one is cool because I caught the movement of the wings of one butterfly. I also liked how they were all hanging out feeding on the flower nectar. The one on the right is one that Amy told me to take because she could see its "tongue." I also like how the leaves frame the shot.

I thought the colors in the kit called Blooming Crazy by Kay Miller and Manda Bean worked well with the colors in the photos, plus I loved those two butterfly images. The kit is from Sweet Shoppe Designs...one of my new favorite digi shops. I adore Kay Miller, as most of you know, and she sells there now. They have a new release every Saturday where the new kits are 20% off. I've also come to enjoy several of the other designers' work there, thanks to my scoping out new stuff from Kay Miller Designs. Sweet Shoppe also has what they called a Cookie Decorating 101 feature where, each week,  one of the designers shares a layout they like and creates a template based on that layout. Then they challenge their readers to create a layout using the template. You know how I love me some templates. (Click here to see the Cookie Decorating forum). Digi scrappers are encouraged to post their layouts to the gallery specifically geared for this challenge, so one can get plenty of inspiration.

I used a template from Kay Miller Designs (of course). She just released Collection 28 this weekend on her website-Kay Miller Designs. She's having her annual fall sale that runs through today, Sunday-where her stuff is 30% off (if you find you like her work as much as I do...just doing my part to help the economy...LOL). You can bet I did my part there!

The font is called BahiaScriptSSK and I honestly can't remember where I picked that one up from.

Thanks for stopping by...guess some digi mojo showed up. Time will tell if I can find some of the card-making variety.

Jeanne

3 comments:

Barb said...

I love this one,too. GREAT colors. I have always admired your LO's. Thanks so much for sharing the links...think I'll link on over and "do MY part to help the economy". ;D Keep those layouts coming...I'm getting inspired! TFS.

Kathi Carlson said...

Oh my goodness. I am starting at the bottom and working my way up. This is BEAUTIFUL. Digi scrapping (and maybe football-LOL) is one thing we don't have in common, but you certainly pique my curiousity. Be prepared for questions.

stampmonkey said...

I LOVE all of the digi LOs that you created today (I think your mojo is definitely back! lol). I love the colors, the circle design, and the scallops in this one.