Sunday, October 19, 2008

Completely Adored...Digi Layout

Whew! I thought I'd do a quick facelift on my blog today. Well, it wasn't so quick after all, but it's done. How do you like the new look? Batting Eyelashes I realized I was trying to edit the code on the wrong screen. Once I figured that out, it went much more smoothly.Blushing

Jessica's party day yesterday ended with a bang...literally! About 5pm the girls were playing in the backyard, Steve was on his computer and I was resting on the couch, when all of a sudden we heard this extremely loud BOOM!Surprised The girls screamed, I jumped up (rather quickly for this gal who has been fighting back pain) and Steve yelled. The power was out! And it stayed out for about 3 hours or so. Turns out a fuse blew on the nearby main street. Steve honestly thought it wouldn't be fixed until the morning because it just affected our side of the street and the houses behind us. Across the street all was lit. I joked that not only did we live on the wrong side of the tracks (because on the other side of the near-by freeway are the pricier homes), we also live on the wrong side of the street! The girls thought it was quite exciting...until it was time for bed. Then they got a little worried and upset that the power would be out forever. Luckily it came back on about 10 minutes after they went to bed, so they settled down and were able to fall asleep. Yawn

Now, I wanted to be able to share something with you today (besides the blog facelift) so I worked on a layout this evening.

Jessicas6thparty1

Of course I used a template! This one is a Cookie Decorating 101 Template from Sweet Shoppe Designs. It was actually designed by Kay Miller (aren't you surprised?)! I rotated it 90 degrees to fit the picture of Jessica. I used Blooming Crazy by Kay Miller and Mandabean. The font is Pea Tracy. I know her face isn't clean, but the grin is precious and shows in a flash the fun she had.

Thanks for visiting and I truly hope your week is full of good things and big hugs and lots of laughs.

Jeanne

6 comments:

Praisin' Scrapper said...

Love the new look and the LO! I've been in here for awhile but have never posted ^_^ ... Any new vids coming?.. I love your card one...I'm actually working on it and will post my card on my blog tomorrow!

Kim Burmeister said...

You sure throw an exciting party and great party favors. Pretty soon everyone will want to attend.

Great layout! I like how you put the journaling in different spots. Great pic!

mE said...

Jeanne - I love the facelift! It's probably about time for one at my place, too. Thank you for inspiring me!

I also LOVE LOVE LOVE the digi layout! Kay Miller has the most fantastic designs to play with, doesn't she?

Anke said...

Wow, I love everything, the facelift and the page you created. Boy, is that ever cute!!!! You are one creative lady!

Barb said...

GREAT layout, Jeanne! The colors are so yummy!

stampmonkey said...

Darling LO, Jeanne (like always!), and with such a sweet subject, it's no wonder! Between you and Barb, I know that "someday" I'll be trying to learn how to digi scrap too. I love the LOs you guys create.

LOVE your new blog look!