Sunday, October 19, 2008

Oops!

I've been trying to give my blog a face-lift using a blog in a box tutorial and I keep getting an error message. I am copying the html code that was provided, but apparently there must be a boo-boo in there as the same error code keeps coming up. Confused

Unfortunately, one of the drawbacks of messing with the "code" is that you lose all your previous settings and go back to bare bones. So, now I'm back to square one on the blog look.Crying

Edited to Add: By the time this goes out to subscribers you'll see it fixed. Earlier version had none of the goodies you see after 9pm Sunday.

Oh well...this is an instance where I know just enough to make me dangerous...I may email the designer to see if there is something I am missing even though I am following her directions to the letter.

On a fun note...I discovered you can add a plug in to Live Writer to allow you to add smileys and emoticons. LOL Happy I had tried to download from Smiley Central, but it doesn't work for me-probably because I am using Google Chrome and not Internet Explorer. I ended up clicking on a button in my sidebar (in Live Writer) on the right of my screen that says...add a plug-in and it took me to a page (or rather several pages) of plug-ins...I downloaded the smileys one and restarted Live Writer and it's now an option to insert a smiley!

Okay...enough of that...back to trying to figure out what to do to get a nice looking blog again.

Jeanne

4 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

You are a brave woman! As much as I'd love to "redecorate," I'm too chicken. I'm anxious to see what you come up with. About Hobby Lobby, we were in the wedding mode, and besides, the two girls I was with don't stamp or scrap. Had I been on my own, I am certain I could have done some serious damage. LOL.

stampmonkey said...

Aww.... Unfortunately, I know just what you mean. lol I hope you get it worked out soon and are back to having all the pretties on your blog. Things like this can be so frustrating, but they're only temporary. ;)

Angela2932 said...

Wow! I am so impressed! I've been really dragging my feet on redesigning my blog, but I am very, very impressed with what you are doing! Where did the blog in a box come from? And it looks like you've got smilies working for you now. If this looks this good now, I can't imagine how cool it's going to be when you're done! Way to go!

Unknown said...

I am impressed. I got a set from Sweet Shoppe and still haven't figured out.

Your blog is looking as beautiful as your projects!

Way 2 Go Gal!

Allie