Sunday, October 26, 2008

Halloween Test Tube Gift & Card

Before I get into the project I created today I wanted to let you know (based on some comments I received after my earlier post) that I do own an ATG gun (the red 714) and have for well over a year. I absolutely love it and feel it was one of THE best investments I have made in crafting tools. I thought the price on the refills I shared today was too good not to pass along. The reviews I read mentioned that the refill adhesive is the same size, acid-free, stronger stick, and costs less than the Scotch/3M brand. The refills will fit the Scotch 714 that I own. I'm one who loves a good bargain and happily share info as I find it.

Okay...with that out of the way, I realized I needed to get a little gift together for my friend, Kelly's boys-the ones we met up in Estes Park this past summer. I had two test tubes left, so I decided to make them each one. Actually, before I made that project, I sat down to make a card and pulled out my inspiration papers that I print off when I find something I like in my Reader (since I don't have a computer in my craft corner, and my memory is not as good as I'd like it to be). The paper on the top of the stack had the picture of this card from For the Love of Paper. At first I thought, well poo, I don't have any oval punches. But I DO have the oval Nestabilities! I used the second to smallest one and I liked how my pumpkin looked. I decided to run the cut Goldrush (CTMH) ovals through the Swiss Dots embossing folder and sponged Brown Bag ink on them.100_5073  I cut a stem freehand, inked the edges then sanded them. The striped dp is from the Fall Mat Stack by DCWV. I used my new Martha Stewart spiral punch on Autumn Terracotta cardstock inked with Brown Bag...I just love how it looks. Adding the two ribbons layered on top of each other looked kind of neat, I thought. I also sponged lightly Brown Bag ink on the Brown Bag background piece.

Then I turned to making the test tubes-following the design I used for the party favors earlier. I didn't feel like making the tag this time, but what do you think of what I did? I felt a little creative coming up with this!100_5072

I used that spiral punch again. I didn't take a close up of the top of the tube, but if you wanted you could click on the picture to enlarge it. I thought it would be neat to make the card and tube holder coordinate.

I just got back from the post office a little bit ago, so they are one their way...or rather waiting for the postal workers to send them on their way. Our post office has one of those APCs (automated postal centers-or a postal version of an ATM) which I love when I want to send packages out but not  stand in line!

By the time we did the pumpkin patch and I got errands done and this made...my creative time was up.

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you have a wonderful week. If I'm lucky I'll be able to wander to my creation station during the week...

Jeanne

4 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

Very cute!! I love that everything matches. I've also seen the pumpkins made with punches, and it never dawned on my to use the Nestabilities dies, so thanks for the tip!

Carol said...

Your halloween gifts are so cute. Your lucky recipients.

stampmonkey said...

Your pumpkin card is adorable!! Ingenious idea of creating your own pumpkin sections with the Nesties (that's what they're for, right?!). I like how you used the back side of the Swiss Dots folder too. You're just full of craftiness today -- I love it! ;) Your 'guy' version of the test tube is cute too. I'm sure they'll love receiving them. tfs

Kimberly Crawford said...

Great card!!! Thanks for the lift!! :) I too use Nesties to make my ovals!!! Great minds think alike! :)
Have a super day!