Monday, October 6, 2008

Jack O' Lantern Part II card

This is what I spent most of yesterday afternoon coloring100_4905. Yes, I used my new stamp from Yvonne Albritton Designs again. This time I stamped it on watercolor paper with Archival Black ink from CTMH and let it dry. I didn't do any embossing, since it appears my markers don't like to flow well when I use clear embossing powder(does anyone reading color with these markers know why this would happen?).  I am just learning how to color, but I tried to make them look somewhat realistic. Not sure that I succeeded, but overall I do like how it came out. I forgot to mention in my previous post, this is a rather large image and fits best on a 5 x 7 card. Again I used a combination of Sharpie and Bic markers. The dp is from a Making Memories mat pack I purchased in the scrapbooking section of my local Super Target. It's the neutral pack, if that helps. Because the image is large, I honestly am not sure what else to do in terms of decorating the card. If you have any ideas, feel free to let me know!

Thanks for looking!

Jeanne

4 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

It appears to me that you're catching on to this coloring thing pretty quick. I enlarged the photo and took a good look, too. You did an awesome job! That is a big image! I like 5x7-inch cards but don't make very many of them. I have an idea that might enable you to use a part of the image (two pumpkins)for a smaller card but will have to see if I can't find a stamp so I can demonstrate what I'm thinking, because I'd have a heck of a time explaining it. LOL. Fun card. Again,GREAT coloring!

Barb said...

Your coloring is great! And I like the card as it is. Sometimes just the image and few well placed embellishements is enough. I think it's a great card. TFS

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't change a thing. That card is so stinkin cute!! I think I understand Kathi's comment tho. You could just stamp even one of the images if you wanted to and still make a smaller card. I can't remember the name of the technique. ARG...too early in the morning!!

gloria in Utah :)

stampmonkey said...

I think you're doing an excellent job with your coloring, Jeanne! And I know what you mean about working with a large image.... I like how you placed the embellies, and the only other thing I could think to do with the image being full-size like that would be to maybe weave some ribbon through the top edge and tying it off to the left (like where the dew drops are). ?? Just a thought.