Thursday, October 16, 2008

Birthday Leaves Card

Thanks for the lovely comments on the party favor. Just to reassure those who are wondering...the tubes are plastic.

Jessica's birthday is the same as my brother, Jim's. He lives in Minnesota so I needed to get a card off to him today. Here's what I came up with.100_4917  I cased a card by Kathi and tried to imitate the technique she described in her post. I suspect I didn't quite get the same leaf look, but that's okay.

Supplies are almost all CTMH: Autumn Splendor stamp set, Abundance paper packet, Cocoa, Barn Red textured and Colonial White cardstock, Sunflower, Cranberry, Barn Red, Autumn Terracotta, Black inks. Mixed Messages stamp set (PTI), Word Window punch (SU), Circle and Circle Scallop Nestabilities, ribbon, American Crafts.

I finished the card with 5 minutes to spare before the mailman came. Whew!

Thanks for stopping by! Hope you are having a beatiful fall day!

Jeanne

6 comments:

mE said...

OOOOH Jeanne! I love this! I need some masculine cards, too! Off to save this to my "try it out" file!

Hugs!
E.

Barb said...

Nice masculine card! Very Autumnal and Happy Birthday to your daughter and your bro!

Kathi Carlson said...

Very nice, and your leaves look lovely! Those papers look great, too. Why didn't I use them???? About your brother, where does he live in Minnesota? Closer to civilization I'm guessing? LOL.

Kim Burmeister said...

Very nice, Jeanne! I love leaves and this is so perfect for the season right now. Awesome!

Anonymous said...

I love the card. However, I have a question. I have been sitting on the fence about the nestabilities and I need to know what you really think of it. Is it as easy as it looks? Which one do you use the most? I tried to find your private e-mail, but if it's on your blog, I couldn't find it, so sorry I have to do it here. Perhaps there are others that want to know too? HELP??

gloria in Utah :)

stampmonkey said...

What a great 'guy' card -- I'm sure your brother will love this!! I love all the fall colors you used, and I think your leaves look wonderful!

Glad to hear the tubes were plastic. I figured they were but just thought I'd mention it. ;)