Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Kindergarten Hoedown!

Happy Wednesday! Well, I've not made into my little corner much this week so far. I wandered in yesterday for a few minutes, but didn't finish anything, sorry!

I have this cute picture to share though. 100_5097 The parents were invited to come to school and watch the students perform a little musical during their Specials time. I need to go through and edit a bunch of the pictures I took, but this one didn't have any other kids' faces in it, so thought it was okay to share. Happy

Amy's in 2nd grade now and this is the first time the parents have been invited to watch something like this! I think the school has had some turnover in Music teachers. The current teacher just started there this year and she has really taken the bull by the horns so to speak. The kids were so excited to share with us. It was a coordinated effort, too. They made their vests in Art class and we added the bandanas before they went on stage. The all participated really well and the performance was just adorable! Some students had a line to say and those who didn't have a line got to ride the stick pony (Smokey was his name). Jessica told me she didn't want to say a line...she wanted to ride the pony and she did a great job of it, too!

On Monday I was without my computer Cryingbecause a fan was going out and it sounded like it was possessed! Steve took the fan out so I could try to find a replacement. Wouldn't you know...it wasn't a universal size fan, so no one had the correct one. However, the gentleman at Radio Shack said it might just need a little oil to lubricate it. Steve told me when I shared this that that was his back-up plan. So...why did it take him a week of the fan making increasing amounts of noise before he did anything? ConfusedI dont know So anyway, I used the girls' computer some on Tuesday and man oh man it made me appreciate my computer even more!

Enough rambling...that's it from me for now. Hope you have a great day. I hear some parts of the country are getting snow...but here, we've been having some glorious Indian Summer weather. Hope you are warm and cozy in your neck of the woods.

Jeanne Wave

No comments: