Saturday, October 25, 2008

Pick of the Patch-Digi Layout

Happy Saturday! Last night's movie party was lots of fun. I'm not quite sure how much of the show the kids actually watched, but great fun was had and that's all that matters, right? Susi put out quite a spread of goodies and after the show the kids made spooky faces with a flashlight and told a few spooky stories. Then they just played, kid style.

I decided to do a shopping trip today to some not so local scrapbook stores. I drove up to Fort Collins (sorry, Christi...I couldn't find your phone number to call you and it was a last minute decision to actually go) and visited the Treasure Box. I wandered for a while, soaking in all the goodies. I tried to find some specific Doodlebug paper, but was unsuccessful. I did find one or two other things, so all was not lost! Upon leaving, I asked if there were any other scrap/stamp stores in the area and was told about one called Capture. I figured if I made the drive I might as well make it worth my while.  It was a nice, smaller store that had an area for digi/hybrid scrappers! I asked the gal if she knew of any other stores and she said there was one, but couldn't remember the name of it.  She said some cross streets and I tried to find it, but didn't have any luck. On my way home I decided to try to find a store I'd been to once or twice in Longmont. As bad as my memory is these days...I was actually correct about which off ramp to take! I found the store and happened upon a good sale. Unfortunately, it was because the store is closing. Sad I found a couple of things there. At that point I figured I'd better head home.

One would think that I'd run into my corner and create, but I decided to work on a digi layout instead. Steve had taken the girls out and they were due back soon and would interrupt me anyway.

Here's the layout I worked on:Pick-of-the-Patch-Amy

I shared these photos recently and wanted to scrap them. I had a hard time figuring out just what I wanted to do. I've been trying to work on this one for a few days. I'd pick a template, try this or that and didn't like it, so I'd delete it all. Today I was determined to get 'r done! It still took me quite awhile to figure out something I liked.  Because I had only two photos I couldn't find a template that worked for the type of photos I had. But this one seems to work better than others.

Credits:
Template: Missy Strand-Cookie Decorating 101 from 7/23/08 from Sweet Shoppe Designs
Kit: Kay Miller Designs-Pick of the Patch from Kay Miller Designs 
Date: Arianda Wiczling-Date Seals-Scrap Girls
Font: Pea Tracy

Thanks for stopping by! It took way longer than I thought to get this posted. My computer locked up on me and I had to reboot. That takes forever. It was snuggle time for the girls before bed. So while the computer was doing it's thing, I was on the couch with them.

I may have forgotten something...but hopefully nothing too important!

Jeanne

3 comments:

Kim Burmeister said...

Great layout! Wow! You do an awesome job on these digi layouts.

Kathi Carlson said...

Oh my goodness! I knew those photos were going to make for a wonderful layout. This is SO cute!! I love the colors and all the different "papers," etc. Perfect!!As always,the subject matter could not have been better. TFS.

Barb said...

Great layout, Jeanne! I love the colors of your kit, too. They are perfect for Autumn.