Friday, October 10, 2008

Update on Us

Happy Friday!

I've been busier than I thought this week and haven't made it into my craft corner, nor onto my computer for digi layout creating.

On Tuesday we took Amy to her first ever Brownie meeting (Girl Scout organization). She had come home last week with a flyer and said, "I want to do this." No one had spoken to the class and none of her classmates were joining. This is something she decided on her own. Ü Since I was a Brownie and a Girl Scout when I was in school (and my dad was a Scoutmaster for the Boy Scout troop in our area for more years than I can remember) I believe it's a great organization as does Steve. The meetings are on the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of the month are are two hours long. The whole family went to try it out (although Daddy left early to go watch the debate).  Jessica has flip-flopped on joining the Daisies (her grade level version), but she had a blast with the girls in this troop. I'm told there are 40 girls in the whole troop! I put Jessica on the waiting list since they are waiting for the leaders to finish up training. We have swim lessons on Tuesday as well, so it was a busy day for the girls. They were quite happily tired by bedtime. Mommy was tired, too!

Wednesday I felt off kilter all day...not sure what it was about.

Then yesterday Jessica woke up complaining of a sore throat. Took her temp and it was just a bit above normal. As the morning progress and an hour before I'd take her to school it was up to 101. No other symptoms but no school for her. After school, we had parent-teacher conferences, the book fair, and the final day of swim class for this session. Jessica seemed perky and wanted to go, but after that activity, she was obviously not feeling too good. Her temp was up to 103 when we got home! Tylenol seems to be doing the trick in bringing the fever down, but she was up for a bit last night. There's no school today, and since it's Friday, I thought I'd better call the doctor, just to be on the safe side. We went in and sure enough, the swab tested positive for Strep Throat. Poor Peanut. We've started the antibiotics and hopefully by the end of the weekend she'll be back to her happy self. Now I hope Amy doesn't get it!

So there you have the short, non crafty, update on us this week. I have something crafty to share, but thought I'd put it in a separate post in case you would rather just see artwork. Ü

Jeanne

2 comments:

Barb said...

Lots going on in your house! I hope your daughter feels better soon.

stampmonkey said...

Boy, you've been busy this past week! Scouting can be really great for kids! I hope both of your girls enjoy Scouts. (We even have one Eagle Scout in our family.)

We had strep going through our house around Christmastime two years ago...not fun at all! I sure hope that she is starting to feel better AND that it doesn't spread to the rest of your family.