Saturday, October 11, 2008

Treasure Life Cards

It's sort of dreary outside today, which should be perfect crafting weather. I was able to get to my craft corner and create two cards before my mojo left me. I used the Treasure Life stamp set again today.

The first card was inspired by this card from Wendy at It's All About Stamping.  Obviously100_4910 I didn't use the same colors. Believe me, I looked to see if I had any dp with yellow flowers on it, but alas in ALL the paper I own I couldn't find one. I went back to what is coming my "go to" slab of paper from My Mind's Eye that I purchased at Hobby Lobby and found some soothing blues I thought would work with the black and Desert Sand cardstock. I used my circle Nestabilities to cut the circles and stamped the flowers from Treasure Life (CTMH-Sept. Stamp of the Month) in Twilight ink. I even created a little mask to stamp some of those flowers. I'm sure you can't tell in the photo, but the piece with the ribbon is raised above the base using pop dots. I found a button that worked and threaded it with a yellow DMC floss and attached that to a Just Blooms flower from CTMH. Some black ribbons from Michaels finished off the card. Birthday Wishes sentiment is from Papertrey Ink's Mixed Messages set.

The second card I created is born of wanting to use the scraps from the first card. I didn't follow any specific card that I know of, but the design is surely one that has been used several times.100_4911 I embossed the edges of the circles with the Nestabilities and sponged ink on the circles using Twilight and Desert Sand. I ran the Desert Sand cardstock through my Cuttlebug Forest Branches embossing folder to add the texture and matted it with Black cardstock, which you can't see very well since the picture was taken on a black background. The sentiment is again from Mixed Messages (PTI). Nothing too remarkable about this one, I don't think.

My mojo up and left after I finished the second card, so I cleaned up a bit and hope it returns at some point this weekend.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope your Saturday is going well.

Jeanne

3 comments:

Barb said...

I am LOVING these cards, Jeanne! I like the colors you've used, very soothing and very pretty. I'm cracking up about your 'mojo up and left'! LOL I hope it returns soon, I love your creations.

Kathi Carlson said...

So pretty! I love those colors. As for the mojo, I'm missing mine, too. Hope we recover soon!! Have a great day.

stampmonkey said...

Again, awesome job with this stamp set, Jeanne! I love the MME papers you're using too. tfs