Saturday, October 4, 2008

Jack O'Lantern Card

Happy World Card Making Day! I did my part! Not only did I go to Stamp/Papercraft "show," I also created three cards. Go me! LOL

I'll share the first one in this post.

Those of you who know me know that I don't use red rubber stamps.  The reason I never got into stamping prior to a few years ago, was because I didn't enjoy stamping with wood-mounted stamps. Once CTMH came out with clear stamps, I was amazed at how much fun stamping actually could be. Ü With all that being said...brace yourself...I actually bought a red rubber stamp today. Yes, I did. It is unmounted and has the cling cushion thing on the back, so it mounts onto an acrylic block. Not only did I buy the stamp...I actually used it today! One of the vendors was Yvonne Albritton Designs. This gal has been involved in the stamping industry for years. Her medium of choice is chalking. She has developed a chalk blender that looked so wonderful when she demonstrated it. I bought the "kit" she had put together with the blender, a tray and applicators. She was selling the chalk too, but I have enough chalk.

100_4899 This stamp was a show special and I honest to goodness couldn't resist those faces! It's chalked in with my chalks and the blender stuff I bought today. Then I used my new Just Rite Monogram Stamper to created the Happy Halloween and I thought I had it lined up straight, but obviously I didn't. I wasn't about to re-do all that chalking so I am "dealing" with it.  In the top left corner are some real actual Robin's Nest Dew Drops (from the jar with Halloween colors). I picked these up in Sioux Falls last weekend. The dp is from a slab of My Mind's Eye that I picked up a few months ago at Hobby Lobby. The image is matted with Goldrush cardstock.

The show wasn't quite all I thought it would be. I thought there would be more vendors, but apparently this is only the 2nd year of the event, so maybe it needs to grow yet. It looked like more of the vendors were NOT stamping or paper crafting related, which was a bummer, I thought. I wasn't interested in Arbonne, Homemade Gourmet, Beauticontrol and the like. Despite that little disappointment, I made the rounds a few times to be sure of what I wanted to purchase.

Thanks so much for stopping by. You might want to check out this gal's online store, I liked a lot of the images she had on display, but the budget only goes so far...

I'll post the other cards in separate posts.

Back soon!

Jeanne

3 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

Congratulations on your rubber discovery!! You're going to be loving those cling mounts before you know it. Your card is very cute, and you're right about those faces. I love the chalk and actually have some of the blender stuff tho' maybe not the same thing. I'm glad you got out and celebrated World Card Making Day in style. Me? I went to a parade with my boys in a small town that touts itself as the Goose (as in Canada Goose)Capital of the World.It was fun!

Kim Burmeister said...

Love it! These pumpkins are so stinkin' cute. I love Halloween stamps and can see why you couldn't resist this one. Awesome!

Barb said...

What adorable little punkins! Those little faces are the cutest. So that's chalk on them? Very nice, indeed. TFS.